"Why?"

"I guess I was waiting for you. You are different. Most beautiful girl I have ever seen."****

Finally the cab stopped in front of an old house in not so posh but yet serene and beautiful area. We climbed down and I got a feeling that it was Ben's home or something.

"Shall we go in?", He asked and I nodded.

It was a small house with its front yard filled with beautiful roses and daisies. An old wooden windchime hung from the porch. And the windows had rusted grills on it. Ben rang the bell and after good wait of five minutes an old lady, probably in her nineties opened the door.

As soon as she saw Ben, she covered her mouth in surprise with her hands on which every vein was etched out explaining her old age. Ben hugged her, "Granny, I missed you!",he said still holding her tightly. Of course she was too small and weak against his tall stature but she had held her as if trying to protect him. I loved watching them holding each other like this.

"Ok granny, enough you are killing me!", Ben teased her and she gave him a playful slap.

"Oh my my, who is this beautiful young lady?", She said moving forward.

"Granny, she is Julianne", Ben introduced me.

"And, she is?". I guess my name was not enough to satisfy her curious mind.

"Er.. she is my friend", he said picking one of his ears.

"Oh! So she works with you!"

"Er.. no she is... actually Sammy's friend", he said and I glared at him to say this.

"Oh really! That's great. Sammy is such a sweet girl. Although I have never met her, but Ben keeps telling me about her. Please come inside both of you. It's too cold outside."

The house inside was much more simple than I expected. There was an old worn out sofa, with a centre table with cracked up glass. No TV, no paintings on the wall, not even a carpet on the floor. The wall behind the sofa was filled with Ben's childhood pictures. I started regretting my decision to agree to come with Ben. What was I thinking!

"Julianne dear, make yourself comfortable. My house is quite old, just like me. And you seem from a well to do family dear, so pardon me for any discomforts', Ben's granny said holding my hands.

"No granny, it's all right", I said trying not to look into her eyes. I felt like she could sense my discomfort.

She gave me a smile and said, "you are such a kind girl. You two sit, I'll make something to eat for you", and then she left the living area and went into the kitchen.

I moved behind the sofa to see the pictures hanging at the wall. There were many pictures. Ben was in almost all of them. Many were of Ben and his granny. In one of the pictures, he was dressed up like superman, with only underwear and a cape. In another he was making a sand castle at the beach. There was one picture of him with his parents. He was a complete copy of his mom. They were kissing on his cheeks from each sides and he had the widest smile I had ever seen. I tried to remember my childhood. There was not one moment I could remember of where both my parents were there with me at the same time to spend the quality family time together. This thought made me a little sad and I didn't realize when a drop of tear fell from my eyes.

"Princess! What happened? Why are you crying?", He said catching that one drop of tear into his palm. "Don't you ever let them fall out of your eyes. They are precious. Just like you. I promise, I will never let you cry", he said kissing on my hands. I didn't feel uncomfortable this time. Infact I felt good.