Chapter 18- MYC

"Okay, ora stiamo attraversando un po 'in profondità la storia d'Italia."

( Italian for “Okay, now we are going through some in-depth history from Italy.”)

I opened my laptop a new page on word. Friday Morning, Hailee’s competition starts tonight. She’s been talking about it non-stop. Saying how its her big break… waiting for it her whole life. It’s going to be crazy. Since Hailees house is on the side of the beach, and she has a view of the waves from her guest room, everyone will be chilling out up there tonight, so then it’s a minute walk to get down on the beach.

I smile at Hailee, she so excited. “Hailz, calm down.” I giggle.

“It’s just it’s my big break and I’m excited. And your going to kill it next year!” She squeals.

“Hailz, your going to kill it tonight, and Saturday.” I reply.

“True that.” Jasmine slaps my hand in a high-five.

I use my right arm to flick my fringe from my eyes.

Fore-head, meet cast. Brain meet dignity. We need it.

“Ow!”

“Jen, are you okay? What happened?” Miss Carotta looked up from her desk.

“Il mio castattaccatola mia testa.” ( Italian for My cast just attacked my head.)

Miss Carotta started laughing, “Nice Italian.”

Jasmine stifled laughter.

“Okay, guys back to your textbooks.” She smiled.

_______________

“Wow!” Ricky did a low whistle, and Jasmine sighed.

The beach was in beautiful form this afternoon.

“Okay, we need supplies, girls do you two want to grab snacks, and we will set up pillows and our canopy.”

“Yeah alright... Pizza, Popcorn, Macaroni and cheese, Chocolate, Soft drink, Lollies and stuff to hold our stack of delights right?” I inquired.

The boys all grunted and shrugged in unison.

Jasmine took my elbow and we skipped down stairs to Hailee’s kitchen. “Hows Hailz holding up?” I faced Jasmine.

“She’s a nervous reck last time I saw her. She’s pacing.”

“She got her suit on yet?”

“As soon as she got home. I reckon she’s going to win it.”

“Totally. Once we’re finish we should go down and see her.”

“Yeah, so do you want to do pizza or shall I?”

“I’ll do macaroni.” I grinned shaking the box.

“Eye-eye captain.” Jasmine saluted me with a wooden spoon.

“Well hello girls.” A dainty voice greeted the kitchen.

“Hello Mrs. Matthews.” Jasmine replied courteously.

“Oh Jazzy dear. How many times have I told you to call me Lauren.” She chuckled.

“I just can’t bring myself to call you anything other than Mrs. Matthews.” She smiled weakly.

“You guys setting up to watch our champion?”

“Yeah, I’m on stirring duty.” I saluted with my wooden spoon, laughing.

“Have fun girls.” Lauren smiled, as she grabbed a bottle of water from the refrigerator and left the kitchen.

I stirred the macaroni, as Jasmine put trays of pizza into the oven.