Chapter 7- a sandy situation

The last week went by pretty quickly, school is tomorrow and I haven’t got any school supplies. Mum started laughing when she saw the paper and my face a swished because I was being slapped by fruitcake, I still don’t know what I’m going to do about the wedding, maybe I could bring a date…. I think you know who I’m thinking of. After a date each day for the past week with Ricky I’m feeling really good, today we’re going swimming at the beach, then to the mall to get school supplies (thank goodness Ricky is in Year 11 like me, I have no idea what to get, but Ricky is in the same boat and hasn’t got anything either). Daddy dearest hasn’t popped up yet so I’m still a little edgy, I’m prepared for drastic measures but who knows, one day at a time.

Have I mentioned it yet? No I haven’t,

Wait for it, wait for it,

EEEE!

Ricky asked me to be his… his,

GIRLFRIEND!

.

Plus I begged to go to Sanil High School with persuasion points such as I know some students from there, its literally down the road, it has good results for the HSC from previous years etc.

I’m totally excited, Ricky has almost all subjects that I would like to take. English is recently the only compulsory subject so I’m hoping for advanced English. The work load may be a lot but if I do well I should be alright.

I walk down to the kitchen while Mia is cooking.

“Hey Jen, eggs today, all styles.” Mia informs me.

“Sounds like you’ve been busy this morning.”

“Yeah well, get word out five minutes okay?”

“Sure Mia.”

So I went over to Felocity, one of the ladies who clean the house, and told her breakfast was soon.  Five minutes later everyone was at the table ready to eat.

_-_

“Okay, okay stop tickling me.” I giggled.

“Not until you call me ‘Super Awesome Ricky’.

We were at the beach in the water,  He found my weak spot, we made a deal of who can run the fastest would get called 'super awesome'. Ricky won but I refused to call him super aweosme so I tried to out-run him, and obviously he caught up.

“Okay, super awesome Ricky!” I giggled out.

“That’s what I thought.” He then pulled me around to face him, he pulled a stand of hair behind my ear, and lent in for a kiss.

Then I saw him again, he was staring at me and Ricky standing in the water, with a smirk on his face, like an evil smirk. Holy flippin’ cow!

I left Ricky hanging, and we bumped heads.

“Ow!” Ricky said rubbing his head.

“Ricky, I’ll be right back.” I stated and started running in Dad’s direction. He started to walk away, no way was he going to follow me and not have a go at him.

“Hey!” I screamed.

I slowly caught up to him, and grabbed his shoulder, to make him face me but he grabbed my arm and flipped me over on the ground. Luckily I was in the sand.

“Jennifer, you shouldn’t have scared me, how are you?”

Wow, he can talk.

“I’m fine just trying to confront a psychopath known as my father.” I said casually.

“Really, very interesting.”

“Why are you following me and staring at me like I’m in a zoo enclosure.”

“Just a warning to your mother, that I can get the most precious things in her life.” He claimed sounding like it was an ordinary thing to say.

“Can you not stalk me in the process?”

“Don’t worry Jen, I will.” He smirked and walked away.

I sit up, sand through my hair from laying on the ground. Ricky is standing there looking confused, and he runs over.

“Are you okay Jen, who was that?”

“My father.”

“Oh.”

Ricky put his hands out and helped me up off my butt. My knight in green board shorts. Okay yes a little weird but I think I need to tell him about my dad’s history in more details.

_________

Soo, new chapter, okay a really short one but vote comment, you know the drill. :D