Chapter 4- 12 o'clock at the fountain

• Dedicated to IGGY77

This morning I went down stairs to find Mia cooking pancakes (Mia is the head chef of the kitchen.), with John on the kitchen stool reading the paper. The paper BTW had a picture of me on it, who knows how, paparazzi weren't aloud into the party, and fruitcake dripping with soft drink.

"Food fright Frenzy";

'Jennifer young, new step-daughter of entrepreneur John White was found throwing food onto her newly found step-grandmother at a wedding party last night in a French restaurant. The group was there for five minutes before reporters found food flying around the establishment. Some of the public believe it is part of Jennifer's rebellion due to the unhappiness of her mother Daisy re-marring head C.E.O John White. Public figures show that many residents of Sydney believe that Jenifer need to be 'tamed' as their kids look up to the new heiress of "White companies incorporated.' When seen evacuating the restaurant right after the incident, no comments were made by beloved mother and daughter, leaving parents wondering when these charades will end.'

"New heiress?, Am I the heiress to your company?" I begin the conversation with John, after reading the article of last nights 'episode.'

"Did my mother really attack you?" John replied, not answering my question

"Yeah, when I was at the shops yesterday... But seriously am I? Like the paper says?"

"Since I don't have children it is assumed, but you're not roped into anything. It would be nice to see you take over but ultimately it's up to you."

"Wow, and for a while I thought you were just an annoying person who was going to ruin my life and hurt my mum..." I smiled.

"Well, I guess I did move a bit fast with your mum but honestly I love her and you too no matter how 'rebellious' you are." John returned my smile.

"Your mother seriously did attack me though, she lept for me when I had the new shoes."

"I did know she can go crazy but I never thought she would ever attack somebody for something as small as shoes. Do you reckon you could get the tape?" John chuckled.

"I'm meeting with the officer for coffee today." I blushed

"Oh, I see how it is. Cute huh?" John raised his eyebrows.

"Yeah." my blush deepend and I cringe into a ball.

John puts down his paper that he was holding on the counter. "Come here you." And holds out his arms for a hug.

After the hug Mia announced breakfast was served, so we moved towards the dining room to find mum sitting in her chair half asleep.

"Morning." John speaks up.

"Morns' babe." Then she sips her coffee.

Everyone began sitting at the table and the normal morning routine went as usual until somebody mentioned the paper.

"Did you guys hear about what the paper said about Jen?"

The table went silent.

"What did the paper say?" Questions Mum.

"Well you should read it,." Mia verbalized.

Mum read the extract, and slams the paper on the table. The whole table stopped eating, everyone was so silent, all you heard where the clang of the cutlery.

"Jen, we need to talk now!" Mum speaks throughout her clenched jaw, she stood up quickly grabbing my arm, dragging me behind her until we reached the den.

"Jen, have you seen the paper, little kids are following your example, what were you thinking throwing the platter at Fiona. She's... old. Your damn crazy Jen, I said best behaviour. Fiona talks to her friends and this incident; she will change it to make you look ridiculous."