37. Distance

A/N:
**Before this chapter starts, I just wanted to say that it's Jimin's day today and I'm so happy about that. I love him so much and I hope he can see how beautiful and talented he really is.💗💗💗

**JAE EUN'S POV**

**JAE EUN'S POV**

"So, what did you want to talk about?" Hoseok asked.

I couldn't help the sigh that escaped my lips as my eyes met his. "A lot." I said.

Hoseok seemed to understand right away why I was here in the first place, and what I wanted to talk about. He nodded his head at me and lead me to the couches that he had at one of the corners of his room. He sat down on one of them and I followed, sitting on the one across him.

We just glanced at each other for a while before I finally decided to break the silence. "So, are you part of the mafia too?" I asked.

Hoseok's eyes widened slightly and he started to shake his head. "No, I'm not." He said.

I nodded my head in response. "Did he finally tell you everything?" He asked.

"He did." I said with a small smile on my face. "But, if you're not part of the mafia, then are any of your other friends part of it then?" I asked with a raised brow.

"No, it's only Jimin because of his father." He said. "All of us are not involved, but we've always knew about it." He told me.

"All of us have been friends since we were kids. Our parents all owned major businesses around the city, so we grew up around each other." He explained. "Jimin was kind of the oddball though. He was obviously as rich as our families were, maybe even richer but his father would never show up to any company events." He said.

I only nodded my head. I was so engaged in everything that Hoseok was telling me.

"When Jimin was around fifteen, he accidentally found out about what his father was really doing." He said. "He immediately confronted his father and asked about what was going on. Once his father told him everything, he was automatically part of the mafia." He told me.

"He didn't have a choice." Hoseok said with a sigh. "Jimin was so angry and disgusted by his father. He started to rebel and everything was just a complete mess." He said.

I could feel my heart ache as Hoseok continued to tell me about Jimin's past. I felt so sad just thinking about how he had to go through all of that at such a young age.

"His father couldn't take his actions no longer and decided that it was best if he was sent to America for a while." Hoseok said. "Of course, Jimin refused. He didn't want to leave his life back here, but again he didn't really have much of a choice to begin with." He told me while shaking his head.