19. Gwenchanayo

**JAE EUN'S POV**

It's been a couple of days since that night with Jimin at the food fair and I still couldn't stop thinking about the kiss that we shared.

The second he told me that Seolhee was his cousin, I pushed on his chest and demanded him to drive me back home. He wouldn't budge at first, but I was seriously so embarrassed and annoyed that I just stood there, not making a single sound.

He ended up hopping in his car in a huff and driving me back to my apartment. When we arrived at my place, I turned to him, gave him a nod and ran out of his car before he could say anything.

I like Jimin. I know and accept that now. I'm just quite embarrassed about the way I acted because Seolhee ended up being his cousin.

I've also been avoiding Ara for the past couple of days because I knew the moment she sat me down to talk, I would end up spilling everything to her. And you all know what that means, a bunch of I knew it's and I told you so's.

Currently, I sat down on my desk at work, trying to finish up all of my tasks for the day. I continued to type away on my keyboard and did research after research, trying to get my mind off of a certain brown eyed boy. I read article after article trying to keep myself engaged in my work, but I would just end up sighing every time because I couldn't get him out of my head.

Jimin's been calling and texting me nonstop, but I haven't got around to looking or responding to any of them yet. I also told Ara to keep him out for a while, so when he did stop by at our apartment, she would tell him that I was out somewhere or that I wasn't home. She's been pestering me with so many questions, but like I said, I've been trying my best to avoid her too.

I turned back to my computer and was about to start working again when Yuna, my co-worker suddenly approached me at my desk. "Annyeong Jae Eun." She greeted me with a smile.

"Annyeong." I greeted her back. "What brings you here?" I asked.

"Oh, I just got back from Mr. Kim's office and he told me to let you know that he would be calling you in soon." She said and I nodded my head at her in thanks.

She told me that it was no problem and continued to walk over to her own desk to continue her work. I wonder what Mr. Kim wants now?

Since I couldn't really concentrate on working anyway, I decided to just make my way to his office already and see if there was something important that he would like to tell me. I was about to enter his office, but I stopped midway when I heard him speaking with another voice. I peeked inside the room a little bit and the back of his office chair was turned towards me. He must be talking with someone on the phone. I was about to leave and just come back later, but the words that soon left his mouth managed to get my full attention.

"Yes, I did tell you about her because she has the potential and I was about to tell her about this, but now that you've fully explained to me how dangerous this report could actually be, I-I don't know." I heard him say.

Is he talking about me?

I heard him grunt and start to speak again. "I don't care if I told you that she's excellent and that she can do this job. She's still very young and she's a very nice girl, I can't just make her do this report and consciously put her life in danger like that!" He said in a frustrated tone.

Danger?

"Okay, listen here. I don't think I can help you out with this report. I know you said it can really boost her career and my company if we succeed, but I don't want to risk a life for that." I heard him continue to argue with the person on the other line.