After Pain

I awoke in a room with really white walls. Wow, the first thing I notice is walls instead of the huge IV in my arm. Wonderful. I looked to my right and see my dad in the chair resting.

"Dad?" My voice sounded so croaky, it was like I was an old witch or something. I cleared my throat.

My dad looked at me and immediately started smiling.

"Oh May, I was so worried about you." He stands up so he can sit on the side of my bed. He picks up my hand.

I smile. "I'm okay, you know what too much stress does to me."

"I know." He looks uncomfortable for a minute and says "You know you really had us all worried. I thought poor Carolynn was gonna black out next."

"I'm sorry dad. Uh, how is everyone?" He knew what I meant when I said that. He knew I wanted to know about Josh.

"They're okay. Josh is awake and worried about you of course. Suprised he hasn't broke out of his bed to come and see you yet," he laughed. So did I.

"When can I see him?" I asked.

He smiled, "As soon as the doctor comes in and gives you the okay then you can go. Okay?"

"Okay."

After that we watched TV until the nurse came in and told us the doctor was coming to check me out. A few minutes later she walked in. She was really pretty with mocha skin and short brown hair. Her eyes were what really stood out, they were a light hazel. I noticed immediatly how my dad's jaw dropped. I giggled, and he looked at me with a weird look on his face.

The doctor smiled, "Well it looks like someone is feeling better. I'm Dr. Peters. How's your head?"

I touched my forehead and felt a bandage. Again I notice white walls before a major injury. Wow.

"Uh it's okay, I can barely feel it to be honest." I mean it might hurt a little, but I just want to see Josh.

"Okay, well since you're feeling better I guess we can let you go now. Your dad will just have to fill out a couple forms and then you can be released."

My dad seemed eager to go anywheres with her, "Uh you can call me Will, Dr. Peters." He was too much of a flirt for his own good. Poor Dr. Peters seemed to be caught in his web already.

"Okay, just follow me...Will." She turned around to walk out and my dad leaned down to give me a soft kiss on my forehead.

"Be right back sweetheart, and then we can go see Josh."

"Okay daddy, I love you."

He smiled, "I love you to the moon and back sweetie."

While he was gone I changed into regular clothes, and tried to make myself look somewhat decent. I looked like a big ol' mess to be honest. When I looked at my eyes in the mirror I thought of my mom. I wonder how life would be if she was still here. Would we even be in Vancouver? Mom always liked change. I shook my head, not now.

Once my dad returned we made our way to Josh's room.

As I stood in front of the door ready to knock, I froze. I don't know why. I guess I was scared to see Josh in this kind of condition.

I only dwelled on this for a few seconds before I worked up the courage to knock.

As I opened the door I saw him, my rockstar, smiling at me from his bed. And I smiled right back at him.

JJJJJJJJJJJJJMJJJJJJJJJJJJJJJ

Boy is it just me or are the chapters getting better and better? Sorry it's been so long but this is the schedule from now on. Once a month, or twice if I'm in the writing zone. But never fear, summer is here and I'll be so bored I'll have to write lol. I really do appreciate all your votes and comments, so keep em coming! Love y'all!

Follow me for updates or question:

Twitter- marianasmermaid

Instagram- @marianasmermaid

Tumblr- meganknows.tumblr.com