And Then There Was Josh

After what seemed like hours of bringing the boxes in the new house and then unpacking them, dad and I finally got the chance to rest. It was around 8 now and I was just admiring my new room. It was pretty spacious, and had one of those windows with the reading seats on it, which was amazing. After a while I decided to go see what my dad was up to. When I went downstairs he was in the kitchen looking through a phone book trying to find a place to order food from.

"Hey hun, what do you think you want for dinner? I'm up for anything." he said.

"I don't know, how about Chinese?" I suggested.

He smiled before saying, "You always want Chinese."

"Well it is my favorite." I said with a sheepish smile.

My dad and Sam were the only two people in the world who know everything about me.

Except for when my mom was alive.

I shook that though away as soon as it came. I didn't wanna go there right now. I was trying to enjoy my new surroundings right now. Speaking of that-

"Hey dad?"

"Yes hun?"

"Is it ok if I go for a walk? The stars should be out by now."

"It's alright with me." With a laugh he added, "Just don't be out too late or I might have to send Chesh out to look for you." Chesh was my cat. His name was short for Cheshire which you all may know as the cat from Alice In Wonderland. But Chesh was so lazy, all he did was lay on my bed and sleep all day.

As I stepped out the door I was immediately hit with cold wind. Thank goodness dad made me wear a jacket.
I wasn't planning on going too far. Just far enough to see the stars and then figure out the best way to point my telescope. I'm a very big star fan, I think it's because I watch too many documentaries on Aliens. Or at least that's what my dad tells me. My dad, Will, always took an interest in what I did. He really was a great dad, and even though he was 40, he was still really handsome. He had a strong jaw, black hair, green eyes. But I looked nothing like him. I had light brown hair, from my mom. And instead of green eyes, I had brown ones. I was also really short. And I wasn't thin, but I wasn't fat. I think curvy is the best way to describe me. My dad used to tell me everyday about how much me and my mom looked alike. You know before she died...

Avoiding that thought I kept on walking. After a while, I finally found the best spot. I could see the sky perfectly. Just as I was about to turn around and go home I tripped and fell on the concrete sidewalk.
"Great" I grunted.
I was about to stand up when I heard footsteps and a voice shouting. I looked around and in front of me was a tall boy with brownish/goldish looking hair. I couldn't really see much else because his face was hidden by most of his hair. He seemed really worried and asked me if I was okay, but as soon as he said that I remembered that I was still on the ground and tried, and failed, to stand up. He seemed to notice this and held out his hand. I took it and thanked him as he helped me up.

"No problem, but are you okay? He repeated, and I couldn't help but notice his voice. It sounded raspy and deep.

"I was just coming home and I saw you fall." "And I think your hand is bleeding," he said while looking down at his own hand.

I looked at my hand and saw that it was, in fact, bleeding.

"Oh I'm alright, its just a little cut....on both hands. But that's alright, this sort of stuff happens all the time for me, I'm REALLY clumsy." I said with a laugh.

He seemed to accept this and said "Okay, but what's your name?"

"My name's Megan, Megan Tone."

"My name's Josh, Josh Ramsay." He shook my hand again as he said this. Forgetting the blood on my hands until after he let go.

"Oh I think I met your parents today, Miles and Corlynn right?"

He nodded and laughed "Yeah that's them, and they'll have my head on a platter if I'm late for dinner again."

I laughed and told him I had to go as well. We said goodbye and went our separate ways.

But before I could go too far he yelled "So you're new here, right?"

I yelled back a yes. He seemed to process this and then said "Then I hope I'll see you around."

With that he smiled and started towards his house.

I don't know why, but as soon as he said that my face when into one of the biggest grins. During our whole conversation I still couldn't see his face, but even as I got home I couldn't stop thinking about what he said. "Then I hope I'll see you around."

Vancouver is definitely a keeper.