Pain

I sat on my porch watching the flowers move with the wind. It was such a pretty day out I couldn't resist sitting outside. Such a nice breeze, and the sky wasn't too bright. Perfection.

After a while of sitting outside, the phone started ringing so I went in to answer it.

"Hello," I said.

"Hey Megan it's Carolynn, I have some bad news."

"Bad news?"

"Josh is in the hospital. We found him in his room with blood all over the place. I just thought you should know."

I could hear Carolynn's cries through the phone. I stopped breathing. No. This can't be happening. First he gets mugged, and now this!?

"I'm on my way."

I got into my car after telling my dad where I was going. He seemed concerned but decided not to bombard me with questions. I floored it all the way to the hospital, barley paying attention to the road.

By the time I got there I was crying and shaking all over. I knew what was happening. I was having a panic attack. Oh god. But I couldn't let that stop me. I asked the nurse where Josh was. She could tell by my appearance that I needed to know right away.

"Room 154 hunny." I could tell she wanted to say more but she kept quiet. I ran to the elevator. I got in and slowly waited to go to the next floor. Once it opened I started counting the doors in my head.

"151, 152, 153... 154!!" I knocked on the door and heard a muffled "Come in."

I saw Carolynn holding Josh's hand by the bed, and Miles standing by the wall. Josh was laying in bed unconscious with cuts on his arms and smeared blood in certain places. When I saw him like that it's like my body couldn't take anymore.

Carolynn realized this as soon as it happened.

"Megan, oh my goodness are you all right? Megan? MEGAN!" That was the last thing I heard before the blackness settled in..

JJJJJJJJJJJJJJMJJJJJJJJJJJJ

Guess who's back!? So excited to say I'm here an this story is NOT over. I have been getting a flood of votes on the story and it has made me realize that people actually read this and enjoy it. I'm so happy, so I decided to write a new chapter. And ooooo cliffhanger! And drama! Nice. I do have a schedule for my story now and when I post the next chapter I'll tell you all about it. Keep commenting and reading, it means a lot.

Twitter- @marianasmermaid

Instagram- marianasmermaid

Tumblr- meganhassoul.tumblr.com