The Next Morning

I woke up the next morning with Josh's arms around me. I carefully lifted my head and saw that he was still sleeping. I was too comfortable to move so I just watched Josh sleep. Yea, I know it sounds a little creepy, but he was just so cute. His golden-brown hair was in his eyes, and his mouth was open in a silent snore. My heart clenched when I realized that he probably hadn't gotten much sleep last night. By the time I had gone to sleep he was probably still wide awake. I felt bad, but I couldn't dwell on that fact for too long. I was so happy. Last night was without a doubt the most upsetting, happy, crazy, and magical night of my life. For some reason I kept thinking about why he didn't wait to ask me to be his girlfriend until he was feeling better. Did he have some sort of life changing vision while he was getting hurt? It was upsetting to think about because of what happened to him. I frowned and looked at his face again. His lip still had a cut, and his eye was a little worse than yesterday. I wonder if his cut on his chest felt any better. I'll have to ask him when he wakes up. Fuck, just thinking about this makes me mad again. I'd give anything to be face to face with the asshole who did this.

A couple of minutes later Josh started to stir. He brought his hand to his eye and started to rub it, but winced when he pressed on it too hard. He slowly opened his eyes and looked around. It seemed like he didn't know where he was but when he looked at me he seemed to remember.

"Well hello there beautiful," he said with a smile. It warmed my heart to see how happy he looked.

"Hello to you too handsome. How do you feel?" I asked.

He frowned, "Kind of sore, but I feel a lot better than yesterday."

I put my head down. I knew he was feeling worse than that, but he wanted to put on a front for me. Why? Because he's a man. Men do these types of things. The assholes.. ugh.

He lifted my chin, "Hey it's alright. I promise I'm fine. You don't have to worry about me. " He tried to smile, but it faltered a little when the cut on his lip made him wince.

"You know you can tell me if it hurts. I'm not gonna call you a baby or anything." I pouted. Seriously, is his ego that important!?

"I'm fineeeeeee," he said and then kissed my forehead.

I smiled a little, he was too cute for words. I just hoped he was telling the truth. I didn't think about that too long though, because Josh started to kiss me.

"When are you gonna call your mom?" I asked a little while later.

He looked at me and sighed, "I guess before the afternoon ends."

"Good, she's probably worried sick."

He rolled his eyes and attempted to get out of bed. But almost ended up falling on his face.

I sighed and got up to help him.

He gave me an apologetic smile, "Sorry just a little sore."

I gave him a, hopefully, convincing smile and grabbed his hand.

Once he was up and we had found his phone, I went to the kitchen to give him some privacy and to get food. I was starving. I hadn't ate all yesterday worrying about him. I decided just to eat poptarts. I got some for Josh and made my way back upstairs.

"Alright mom, love you too. Bye." Josh said as I walked into the room.

"So how did she take the news?" I asked.

He sighed, "Not well. She's on her way here right now. I told her exactly what happened. She wants to go on a hunt for the fucker that did this."

He tried to keep a straight face while saying the last part but ended up failing and started laughing. I laughed a little too. I could never imagine Corlynn wanting to hurt a fly, much less try and kill a person.

"So you're leaving?" I asked getting sad. I just wanted him to stay forever. Which sounds really creepy. Oh well.

"Yea, mom wants to take me to the hospital just to make sure everything is ok. I tried to tell her I didn't need to but.." he shrugged.

I smiled. He was so helpless when it came to his mom. It made me miss my mom.

"She's just worried about you. You are her baby boy," I explained.

He laughed, "Yea sure."

Me and Josh were sitting in the living room watching tv when we heard a knock at the door. We both got up knowing exactly who it was.

When we opened the door I was surprised to see Corlynn smiling. Why was she smiling? Wasn't she upset about Josh like 10 minutes ago?

"You know Josh I realized on my way to get you that you didn't tell me where you were," she said with a laugh.

Oh, that's why she was smiling. He didn't tell her where he was but she automatically knew he was here. Which is actually kind of embarrassing.

Josh realised what she meant as well, and just gave me a shy smile. Ugh, so beautiful.

"Anyways, I'm guessing you took good care of him last night Megan. So thank you. I don't know what I would have done if you hadn't found him." As she said this she started to get emotional. Josh quickly pulled her into a hug and told her not to worry, that he was fine.

I couldn't help but smile at them. He had no idea how lucky he was to have a mom like Corlynn.

After a quick goodbye from Corlynn, (and a quick goodbye kiss from Josh when Corlynn started walking to the car) I made my way back to my room.

After cleaning and playing with Chesh, I put on a movie and slowly started to fall asleep with one certain boy on my mind.

JJJJJJJJJJJJJMJJJJJJJJJJJJJJJ

Woo! I updated yay!! I'm so happy. It's been about 3 weeks since I've posted, but A LOT has been going on. AND My Rockstar got 116 reads! Guys that INCREDIBLE!! Keep voting and commenting and reading. It means the world to me!

Instagram- marianasmermaid

Twitter- @marianasmermaid

Tumblr- meganhassoul.tumblr.com

YouTube- meggpanda