Chapter 39.1 - Farewell

Lena arrives at the designated point where four figures await inside an abandoned warehouse. The four figures remove their hoods to reveal the faces of Delilah, Holly, Dolly, and the gaunt face of Gauthier.

The trio of women rush forward and embrace the tall figure of Lena. Lena smiles and pats them on the head before glancing over at Gauthier with a smile. "You've done well, Gauthier. Is everything ready?" Lena asked him.

"Of course. A caravan is leaving for the coast of Neria. As for everything else, I will send reports via my spirits," Gauthier firmly said, before pausing and asking, "But are you fine leaving like this?"

"It's best for all of us. My father and mother are aware I yet live, and that will suffice for now. The fewer people that are aware of my existence the better. Besides, I have ample confidence in you Gauthier. But beware of traps, but more importantly of the light. However, they are not the only ones coming out of the shadows to play," Lena coolly said, whilst the trio of women composed themselves.

Gauthier nodded and without any further ado, the four women pulled up their hoods and disappeared. Gauthier just as silently disappeared and returned to the headquarters to process needed paperwork. Bureaucracy makes the world go round after all.

Unbeknownst to the kingdom, a cavern left early that morning with four hooded figures. Their destination was known, but their plans unknown.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Please Buy Volume 1 the edited version of the novel on Amazon!

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B0777356RZ/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1510065662&sr=8-1&keywords=B0777356RZ