Chapter 38 - Hungry

A group of masked figures are hastily gathered in a room. The sun masked figure rises to his feet and in a thundering voice, he says, "Who was it?"

The figures shuffle uneasily as the sun masked leader runs his gaze down the row of figures. "I clearly ordered that the woman was to remain untouched. Not only has her death become a spectacle, but it has severely affected our movement in Alyssum but in many other countries as well! Who was it!" The sun masked figure angrily roared as many flinched away from his gaze.

The moon masked female elder coldly asks, "The leader will not ask a third time." The members look at each other as they wait in silence for the culprit to come forth. The only sound is the sound of nervous robes shuffling.

Finally, a figure wearing a goblin mask rises coolly says, "I know who did it."

The masked figures turn towards her expectantly and wait. "The Queen of Alyssum," the goblin masked female answered.

The elders snort as a joker masked elder rumbles, "The Queen of Alyssum has gone mad, you imbecile."

The goblin masked figure stiffens as the elder in an oni mask swiftly comes to her aide. "Now, now, it was merely a child being eager to help. Though I do agree, the thought certainly should have been well thought out, before being spoken out loud."

An octopus masked elder snorts in agreement as the goblin masked women stiffens in further embarrassment. The sun masked elder is quiet for a moment before snapping his fingers and softly saying, "Luna, come here girl."

The masked group stiffens as a very abundantly curved woman in thin wisps of clothing emerges soundlessly from the shadows. Large black eyes that seem to absorb all light with hair that is brown with strange patches of black. A pair of round pointed dark ears emerge from her head as a small dark tail emerges from her amble behind.

Though as she smiles eagerly something about her all too large, sharp teeth glint ominously. The woman kneels on all fours and kisses the leader's feet. "Yes, master. What is your desire?" The woman lustfully asked as she showed off her ample chest.

"Find the traitor," the sun masked leader coldly said.

The woman pouts for moment before climbing to her feet. With a predator's ease, she circles around the table several times only stopping at times to rouse fear in any random member. With glee, she sniffs the lustful scent of fear as she pants licentious.

At last the demi woman returns and seductively leans over to whisper into the leader's ear. The leader nods as the woman shakes her tail eagerly and pants, "Do I get my reward now?"

The leader points to her be still as she eagerly squirms in silence at his side. "Eva, Eva, Eva. I expected so much from you, especially given that you are a Monroe," the leader softly said.

The group turns towards the goblin masked woman as she rips the mask from her face to reveal a beauty with pink hair. The mask is thrown at the elders with a loud clatter as it easily misses and hits the wall. "Don't speak to me! All you cowards! What I've done is ensure that our enemy is removed. That woman was dangerous! Now her patron is gone and we are safe!" Lady Eva Monroe roared as spittle flew her mouth and her face contorted into an ugly look.

"Children these days' lack so little patience," the moon masked female elder commented as the members chortle with mirth and Lady Eva shakes with fury.

The sun masked leader loudly states, "Lady Eva Monroe, you are striped of your membership. You are free to go," as some members snicker behind their masks and others duck their heads in pity.

Lady Eva Monroe stalks out haughtily as Luna fidgets and asks, "Can I now?"

"Go, enjoy the hunt," the sun masked leader said as the woman grins hungrily and dashes out as the doors.

The members wait in silence until screams are heard in the distance. The screams grow each more frightful and horrifying then the last. Some of the members flinch as others hide their fear by clenching their fists under the table. Mercifully finally the screams come to a halt as only silence is left.

Luna returns covered in blood as she gnaws on what appears to be a hand. One of the members chokes as he lifts his mask to cover his mouth to keep from gagging. Most of the members turn away from the sight as the woman preens under the sun masked leaders gaze.

"Did I do well?" Luna excitedly asked as she gnawed on a delicious finger.

"Yes, go and wash yourself," the leader replied as she eagerly darts into the shadows and away. The leader excuses the rest of the members as they rise silently and rather eagerly to rush away. Though the wiser ones follow at a slower pace lest they are the first to stumble upon the gruesome remains.

The octopus masked elder thoughtfully and rather raspy says, "How on Gardenia did you ever tame one of the Hyena Beast-men? They guard their young most protectively."

"Where there is a will, there is a way," the sun masked leader firmly answered.

The joker masked elder snorts and says, "Wasn't that the girl, we picked up on that trip?"

"Yes, as I recall it happened that way also," the oni masked elder cheerfully said.

The moon masked elder chuckles as the sun masked elder fidgets. The octopus masked elder grunts unhappily and growls, "I should have known. Your fingers are the stickiest fingers in the world."

The sun masked leader shrugs and says, "No matter. What are our losses?"

"Nothing that can't be recuperated given enough time. But it will be difficult to move for some time to come," the moon masked female elder replied.

The sun masked leader nods as the joker masked elder interjects, "And what of the ally?"

"The bait has been lost, we can do nothing but wait," the sun masked leader flatly replied.

The mood grows solemn as the oni masked elder says, "May I suggest something?"

The elders turn as the leader motions for the oni masked elder to continue. "The ally will without return. Why not bait him/her with a war? It seems he/her uses war for his/her own uses," the oni masked elder confidently said.

"Yes, that would be prime, but we cannot afford it given the current state," the sun masked leader politely refused and added, "But we can bait him/her with the prospect of war."

The sun masked leader turns towards the octopus masked elder and says, "You're the best for these kinds of things. I leave it in your charge."

The oni masked figure stiffens somewhat unhappily, but nods in acceptance. "Thank you," the octopus masked elder sincerely said.

The masked elders rise and separate as they each return to their own spheres of power.