* Chapter 28.2 - Help Me

Clair opens her eyes and closes them as a stone wall comes into view. Dizzy, she closes her eyes as she struggles to remember, where she is. She was walking home- and the grove, then nothing. The last fragment of memory is that of a hand holding a rag to her face.

Clair opens her gaze as the walls seem to move for a moment, before settling. It's an empty stone chamber as the only source of light is a bolted lantern to the wall. The single entrance and exit is the thick wooden door before her. Dizzy, she climbs to her feet as she holds onto the cool stone walls and desperately walks towards the door.

Clair grabs the knob and frantically turns as the door clicks, but does not open. Clair shakes the door know but the door does not open. Frightened, Clair pounds on the door and yells, "Can anyone hear me? Please help me! I've been kidnapped!"

Thudding footsteps are heard as Clair darts back as her heart begins to pound. The sound of bolts being opened are heard as the door finally swings open. The figure wears a black mask covering only his eyes and nose.

Claire trembles as she curls up in the corner and pleads with man. "Please don't hurt me! My parents will pay for the ransom, please don't hurt me!"

The man easily grabs her as she struggles and screams and carries upstairs. Her shouts echo in the stone hallway as she is carried into another room. The man tosses her onto a bed before locking the door behind him. Soon muffled shouts are heard until only whimpers and moans are left and finally only sweet and utter silence.