epilogue

Engage

__________

Warning: This chapter contains mild mature contents.

Winter has come and it's the season of the year when all I wanna do (a/n: wanna one) is to snuggle in my covers, sheets and pillows. It's noon, and I'm feeling lazy to even stand up or do something. I pulled the sheets up more to cover my body, the room was just giving the exact light and heat but still I want to snuggle on something or maybe someone.

I looked at the clock on the beside table. It's still too early for the party. I have more time to take a nap again or lay on the bed. I wish I could do it all day but I can't. I have eaten breakfast earlier but I ended up sleeping after that.

I felt a movement beside me followed by a low groan. I licked my lips and shifted on the bed to look at him. "What time is it?" He whispered huskily, opening one eye as he struggled to open both completely. "Ten o'clock." I answered quietly as I prop my elbow on the pillow, looking down at him.

He hummed as a response before sitting upright. He ran his hand through his hair and yawned. I went back on laying against the mattress as he pulled the covers from me slightly. I pouted as he lazily laid his head on my stomach. "Yah, your head's heavy." He just hummed again. What a lazy creature that can't even speak.

I rolled my eyes and brought my hand to his hair, playing with it. We stayed like that for a while before I sensed that he's now fully awake. I know because his hand started to play with the hem of my shirt.

"What time's the party?" He asked in that raspy voice of his. "One pm," He glanced at me for a moment. "What? You don't know the time of our engagement party?" I snickered but he just smiled cheekily. "It just slipped my mind, sorry babe." He chuckled but I glared at him.

"Don't think I already forgot what you did to me few months ago. I might still call off this engagement, you know." I cocked a brow at him as he went pale. He bit his lip. "Come on, that was for the surprise! I told you I'm sorry, right?" He pouted and I badly want to laugh at his face. He seemed scared so I suddenly felt guilty at my threat.

Yes, it turns out Daniel and dad already had a plan of rescuing me that night. Daniel told me it was his plan to make Jimin think he finally gave up on finding me. The photos with Minji was true but the girl agreed on faking it too. I kind of disliked that idea but I let it pass after several apologies from my boyfriend– fiancé.

While Daniel was pretending to hook up with Minji, he was already gathering information about me– with dad. And their plan of fooling Jimin was a success because he really thought Daniel isn't trying to find me anymore. Jimin kind of paid attention more to my father which gave Daniel a benefit to make a move.

The marriage part he was talking about that night was actually about the two of us. They intend to keep it a secret first before they tell me. That made me mad and I didn't talk to him and dad for a few days. Who wouldn't be pissed? I was so hurt when I thought he's given up on me.

This rascal.

The thing that confused me the most is the fact that he gained dad's trust and blessing. I couldn't even do it, but he did? My dad is unbelievable.

I asked that to Daniel a few times but he just won't answer and just give me cheeky smile. When I threatened him one day, he finally told me he just had a few drinks with dad and talk seriously. He also gained my father's respect when he found my location and planned everything thoroughly.

After that my father has given me freedom but only when I'm with Daniel. Just like now, I'm in Daniel's house and he doesn't even mind. I also found out my dad and Daniel's already made up and that's when they planned the engagement and all. I just couldn't believe that happened while I was missing. The abducting suddenly became a way to clear things up.