28

Cats

__________

He frowned at me, "I love my cats." Daniel spoke through gritted teeth. "And I don't like cats." I said honestly, raising my brow at him. "But I love cats!" He almost whined like a kid. I don't even get this conversation. "And I still don't like cats." I told him with finality. "But I love you."

"I sti-" I stopped mid sentence when I realized what he just said. My cheeks flushed in crimson color as I looked away. "I'm s-still not loving cats." I muttered in almost a whisper. "But you love me back." He said as if it was the most obvious thing in the world. "W-Wha- shut up." I mumbled then frowned at him.

I heard him chuckle before laying on his bed with his other cat- Peter. The pet jumped on his owner and Daniel ran his hands through Peter. Rooney on the other hand stopped walking around me and settled on my lap.

It's not that I really despise cats, I just don't like it when they seem more bossy than the owners themselves. I've been quite scared at them since I was little when a cat almost scratched me. I was playing alone that time and saw a cat once, I thought it was cute so I tried to play with it. But the animal doesn't feel the same about me and just snarled at me.

I guess cats aren't the pets for me. It's such a shame, I find them cute to be honest. I tried poking Rooney on the sides and she just purred. I pouted, why sit on my lap? Now I feel so stiff. Daniel chuckled behind me. "She likes you." He said before leaning closer to me and peak at the cat resting on my lap.

"But I don't like-" He shushed me, "Stop saying that or else I'm gonna shut your mouth on my own way." He threatened. I zipped my mouth after that. "I was just joking." I muttered under my breath before pouting. "I know." He whispered on my ear.

"But why name them Peter and Rooney when these cats are female?" I scrunched up my nose. "I told you before I didn't know they were females at first," He sighed then took Peter in his hands. "It's just parental instincts." He excused, that was so lame.

"You've got a bad instincts, Kang." I clicked my tongue then shook my head. "What? Can you blame me? I just wanted a cool name for my pets." I grimaced at his reason. He leaned his chin on my shoulder, "Don't worry, you'll be the one to name our kids in the future." He grinned at me.

I pushed him away. "What kids-" "I mean cats! Our cats in the future!" He said, cutting me off. I glared at him before rolling my eyes. My cheeks felt so hot right now. He keeps making me feel so embarrassed lately. "Geez, why so violent? I was just telling you my thoughts." He mumbled under his breath, his lips slightly pouted.

He leaned on the headrest of his bed then stared at me. He spread his other arm then patted it, signalling me to do the same. I took the cat on my lap before crawling toward Daniel. I leaned on his arm then snuggled on his side with his cat on my hands. He must've felt I was so stiff so he slightly pushed my head down on his shoulder. I bit my lip then relaxed myself.

I hadn't realise that Daniel hung my paint on his wall. The painting of the bridge the first night I was with him. I gave it to him when he told me how much he liked it. I decided not to paint a new one and just sketched the one with the two of us. I like the paint and the sketch itself. I hated it at first since it felt incomplete but Daniel loved it so I've grown to love it too.

I smiled before closing my eyes and didn't realized that I slowly drifted off to sleep.

---

I woke up from my nap when I felt something tickling my ear. "Shorty, wake up." Daniel's sweet and soothing voice made my eyes flutter open. I turned to look at him smiling at me. I didn't know I fell asleep. "What time is it?" I asked him before looking around for my phone that was on my bag.