prologue

Civil

__________

I sat beside my father in this big and elegant round table. People I see in this party looked so elegant, formal and intimidating. We were invited again for another business party wherein people would talk about their plans, success and everything about their business. I don't even know why I'm here. I don't really like parties like this, specially when I don't have any friends to talk to. Well, my parents have business partners and I'm close with their children on my age but still, it'll be better if my real friends are here.

Speaking of partners, a friend of my dad came with their daughters and son I'm familiar with. We greeted each other in a formal and boring way. I wanted to groan in frustration because of this but I have to wait until this is over. And of course if my family has a business partners, there has to be an enemy. And here they come towards our table. My father's smile suddenly fell but my mom smiled sweetly at them. Well, you can say that dad is the only one who don't like them. And for me, I actually don't care. I don't have any interests in businesses so I don't mind if dad likes other people or not.

They walked towards our table and greeted us. Dad stood up and my mom followed so I did the same. They exchanged handshakes and words I didn't really pay any attentions to. My eyes caught a familiar tall and good looking guy with a weird pink hair. He smiled at me and offered me a handshake so I took his hand.

"Are you all seated here too?" My dad was the one who asked the question. This round table was enough for 2-3 family and I guess they were appointed to sit here. "Yes, I don't think you have problem with that now, do you?" Mr. Kang said and laughed a bit. It was so awkward yet they tried to ease the heaviness by being formal. You could say that they were trying to be civil which is good.

I heard my dad laugh too. "No, not really. Let's leave the competition on the office, shall we?" He said and gestured the seats. Mr. Kang nodded and their family sat across us. There were five of them as they had three sons. The one was older than me who I forgot the name, Kang Daniel who used to be in the same school with me and is very much familiar to me. Last was their youngest that I think in the middle school. Kang Daniel was familiar because he went to the same school with me when he was still in highschool. Now he's on college.

The pink haired met my eyes and smiled. I looked away in embarrassment and tried to focus on the man welcoming the guests. This is so damn awkward I want it to end already. The man then finished his speech and waiters immediately prepared the foods. I ate in silent as people in the table talked about something I couldn't relate to. I really have no interests in business and that's why dad was always frustrated at me. I love my dad but I hate it when he pushes me to pursue business instead of art, which is what I love to do most.

I'm a good girl in the house. I always do what my parents say and that's why they were fuming mad when I didn't want to pursue a career in business. My dad even threatened me to drop me out of school but he didn't do it. I was scared he'd be serious of that but deep inside I was laughing because I know how much he loves me. He can never do that. And so he tried to find a way of getting me into the business industry such as bringing me into boring parties like this, telling me things about our company and all. Also fixing dates, marriage with his business partners. I hated the last part the most and so I really showed them how much I was against it.

You can say I'm a good girl yet a brat at the same time. My father was really mad at me when I always try to get away from his plans. There was a time when he really went mad that it scared me to death. That was the time he saw me dating a guy from one of his business partner which became an enemy. I heard about them scamming my dad's company that's why they were sued. I didn't know about that and it ended up that the guy only asked me out to use me. They want my father to stop the case and let his uncle free. I didn't liked the guy anyway, I just agreed to go out because I can't say no. We weren't in a relationship, I just agreed to go out and that's all. I didn't know that they were planning to do something to me and threaten my father but I was glad my dad found it out before anything bad even happened.