37

Exhibit

__________

It wasn't a good idea to go in an art exhibit with dad. I didn't want to and it was his idea but the art themselves tempted me. I couldn't say no, not that he'd let me stay anyway. I don't even know why he wants to go there. It's been a month but we're still not in good terms. Maybe this was his way to get me to talk to him.

He's always like this, giving me things he know I like to make up to me. And that's what I do too, I do what he wants me to do so he wouldn't be mad anymore.

It's a party again, but because of an art exhibit this time. I didn't like the thought of the party but maybe it's worth going to. I'm glad it isn't one of those boring business parties again. Maybe I'd find something interesting or inspirational. I need something to lift my spirits up. Not that Daniel isn't enough to do that though.

I'm now fixing my face with a help of make up. I sighed as I applied a tint on my lips, just enough to give my lips a nice pinkish color. I ironed my hair to give it a wavy curls. I got up from my seat when I was done. I picked up my purse and put my phone inside.

Daniel and I are in good terms but still in a secret relationship. I know this was something I shouldn't do because of dad but I couldn't care anymore. I grew up doing what he wants and obeying his words without minding my own feelings. I do everything I love secretly knowing that he won't approve of it all.

And now that I found someone to love it's still like that. I'm so sick of it, it's suffocating how he controls my life. I will do what I want now and if he still won't accept it, I'm gonna have to live not being in a good terms with my father.

I went downstairs and quickly walked outside to get inside the car. Dad's still inside so we waited for him. He got out of the house moments later. He went to the passenger's seat before the driver started the engine. The ride was quiet unlike before. We aren't usually like this but given the fact that we aren't cool makes us awfully quiet.

"Sweetie, how's your studies?" My mother broke the deafening silence. I glance at her quickly before staring out the window. "It's good mom, I'm doing fine." I simply said. I heard her sigh, I'm sensing she doesn't like this atmosphere between the three of us.

She didn't speak anymore, I was glad for that since I'm not in the mood to talk. We arrived later at the venue. I wasn't familiar of the place but I could tell it was grand. The art gallery tells that the owner who held the art exhibit is really a rich person.

The reporters were waiting outside as usual. Dad entertained some for a moment before deciding to get inside. His business partners were the ones who welcomed us. I was smiling and greeting but my eyes started to wander around. It's just like a usual party but with paintings this time.

I heard from my dad that it's a celebration for the artist's birthday so he held an art exhibit as well. I was familiar with the artist and I admire his works so much. He was a year older than me yet he already hold huge art exhibits like this. He is indeed someone admirable despite his young age.

Some of his works are for sale so I tried to look around after excusing myself to my parents. There was a painting that caught my attention so I made my way to look at it better. It was a lady but only half of her face was painted. "Wow." I mumbled to myself as I admire the colors used and the blending of the paints.

The lady was looking vulnerable and pained as tears stream down her face. But the colors used was unique. It wasn't a typical painting where the artist use the normal colors for a person to be painted. He used a lot of colors in this one and the creativity was just amazing. The painting's mesmerizing.