nineteen

edited

I was with Jacob as he was touring in Europe. He had the London show today. The Chapstick video came out awhile ago. Jacob and I haven't been speaking lately. After I saw the Chapstick video my heart broke.

And then I found out that they actually kissed. Multiple times. Today was the last show for the European leg of the Left Me Hangin' World Tour. I decided I would break up with Jacob at the airport. Right before we boarded the plane. We weren't sitting together, and I could leave first after we landed.

We woke up and like always dressed in silence. We then walked out and met with his managers. We went to the lobby, drove to the venue. Then we'd go different ways. He'd go to his dressing and I'd go to whatever room the venue had that he wasn't in.

The show went like it always did, same songs, same dance moves, same everything. After the show we directly headed to the airport. After awhile of waiting they called our flight and I tapped Jacobs arm. "Hey, Jacob?" I asked quietly. "Yeah?" He said softly. "I-I-I think we should see other people." I said my eyes filling with tears. "Oh okay." He said looking hurt.

I smiled sadly before handing the man my luggage and boarding the plane. I looked down to avoid looking at Jacob. I thankfully had a window seat so I looked out and cried most of the time. The woman next to me never bothered me. Maybe she thought I was asleep.

After awhile, I did fall asleep.

Two Months Later.

I was watching the new season of Stranger Things for the fifth time. I was about to press play on the first episode when I remembered the most important part of Netflix. Snacks. I walked into my kitchen and opened the pantry.

No snacks. Just my luck. I groaned before grabbing the car keys and a light sweater before walking out. I didn't have my license yet but no one had to know that. I learned a week after my break up with Jacob. Jacob. Haven't thought about him in awhile.

It was to keep my mind off of things. I'm a fast learner so it wasn't a problem. I climbed in and turned on the car. I put all of the heat up before running back in. I put on a coat, grabbed my phone, and some money.

I then climbed into my, now warm, car. I drove to the grocery store not to far away. I turned off the car before running in. Thankfully, I didn't park far away from the store. I looked around and went to the chips aisle.

I grabbed Takis, Pringles, Lays, Doritos and then went to the candy aisle. I checked out the candy before deciding on Hershey chocolate bars. I grabbed five king sizes before going to the check out. My phone vibrated in my pocket making me mentally groan.

I tried to get it out without making everything fall. I turned around to look at it because it wasn't where I thought it was. I saw it was in my other pocket. I went to get it but then crashed into someone. The snacks went flying along with my phone.

"Ow." I muttered. "Oh my goodness, I am so sorry!" The person said. I looked up to see a pale girl, with long ginger hair and freckles. "Y-You're Sadie Sink." I said making her smile warmly. "Indeed I am!" She said with a giggle. "I'm a bit star struck, I'm sorry!" I said nervously.

"It's okay, don't worry I'm glad you don't hate me!" She says making me laugh. "I could never! Your an amazing actor! I loved you in Stranger Things!" I said making her grin. "Thank you!" She says with a big smile. "Let me help you with that." She says with a lopsided smile.

She helped me pick up my things before handing me my phone. "Put my number in hope you don't mind, you were Jacob Sartorius' girlfriend so I trust you!" She says with a laugh. "Of course not! Maybe we could hang out sometime?" I ask. "I'd like that!" She says with a warm smile. We talk for a bit longer before she waves goodbye and leaves.

As I'm walking I hear a voice behind me. "Luna?" The voice says. I turn around in confusion. The person standing in front of me makes my heart stop. "Jacob?" I say in disbelief. "Y-Yeah." He says scratching the back of his neck nervously. "So how have you been?" He asks awkwardly.

"Good, I guess. Mostly rewatching Stranger Things. Eating food. Don't have many friends." I say with a shrug. "Oh." He says looking down. "Yeah.. well anyways! How have you been?" I ask brightly. "How do you think I'm doing?" He asks with a sigh. "Did something happen?" I ask confusedly.

"Wait, y-you, don't know?" He asks in disbelief. "Know what..?" I ask trailing off. "It's been all over social media, on the internet!" He asks looking shocked. "I-I don't know what you're talking about." I ask shocked at his outburst. "Wow, you really don't know." He says quietly.

"Well if you told me maybe then I'll know." I say with a bit of a smile. "Well, I was with Jenna for about a month but then I started to feel like absolute shit." He says sighing. "I got checked out and things went bad." He says biting his lip. "When Jenna found out she left me." He says eyes filling with tears. "What did she find out?" I ask making him look at me. He furiously rubs away the tears before not saying anything.

Then he says three words that make my smile drop, make my heart want to fall out of my chest, and make the word stop. Three words that make me stand there, frozen in shock.

Three words.

"I have cancer."

————
That was a spur of the moment thing. I didn't know the chapter would end like this until the so how are you? part. Maybe this story is coming to an end? I don't know you tell me. This was kinda long but not long enough for you guys! You deserve better! I haven't updated in a minute. Hope you like it! And I put chocolate because my cramps are so bad. Anyways hope you liked it!
with love, luna

word count: 1096 words

edit; I edited the convo with sadie!