eighteen

After everyone's done saying a few words we are finally allowed to say our last good byes to Johnny. But I know that isn't him. That's his body. Yes. But, that's not his personality and smile we're saying our goodbyes to. I decide that's better than nothing.

After a few minutes being in line. I get to see him right in front of me. Jacobs suddenly next to me. I open my mouth hesitantly before singing the song I had been listening to all week. "Should've stayed.." I start off shakily before Jacob grabs my hand and starts singing with me.

Play song now please

I couldn't put the lyrics so just listen.

Time skip to one month later

It's been a month since Johnny's funeral. I'm doing a lot better. I still wear his hoodie occasionally and I spray it with his cologne when I really miss him. Jacobs been working like crazy he had flown to New York for a show. I was just boredly scrolling through Instagram when Ariel dmed me.

(A/N I'm actually super proud of these.)

)

I frown before pressing the home button

I frown before pressing the home button. I decide to call Jacob. "Hey, J!" I say with fake enthusiasm. "Oh, hey Luna." He says flatly. "So how's New York?" I say gritting my teeth with a fake smile he couldn't see. "It's cool." He says boredly.

"Yeah, I bet." I say with a cold laugh. "Is that all?" He asks. "One more thing actually." I say sighing. "Okay." He says tiredly. "How's Jenna?" I say quietly. "She's g- oh crap." He says. "Yeah." I say softly.

"Luna, I promise we're just friends." He says frantically. "Oh so now you have emotions?" I say sadly. "Please, believe me!" He says quickly. "I know what the pictures might look like but we're just friends okay?" He says and I don't answer. "Gotta go feed my cat." I say.

"You don't have a cat." He says. "Guess Josie will do since your away any way." I say before hanging up. I already know he's going to end up on musershaderoom. I don't know what to believe.

I refresh their page and see multiple pictures of Jenna and Jacob. Theirs two on a swing, one sitting down with his arm around her as she leans into him, the one ariel sent me and other things they believe are connected to them.

I sigh. Maybe Jacob just got tired of me. I was sad for a really long time. Maybe it was better for him to be with a happier person who was actually successful. I was only known for being Jacobs girlfriend. People did ask for my picture at times when his manager was being a jerk but it was because they knew who I was.

People already knew who she was before this happened. She was better than me in every way. How could I compete with the Jenna Ortega? I'm also pretty sure Matt doesn't like me. What a great day.

————
This is a pretty bad chapter! I just wanted to move on from the sad stuff. I was in a pretty bad place when I wrote those chapters so some of my stuff was kinda depressing for a while but we're good now expect drama, and jealousy!
-luna
Word Count-553 words