He threw his arm around me , and began to lead me away from the party .

“You'll need your sleep” Darren told me , or more himself . “Do you have your room key ?”

I started snoring lightly .

“I'll take that as a no .”

Darren woke me up the next morning . I groaned into the pillow beneath me . My ears were ringing , my mouth felt fuzzy and under no circumstances did I want to get up .

“Sorry Hazel” He said , “Sam just called , and Matt wants you all up .”

I grunted . “You can tell Matt to fuck off ...”

Darren sniggered . “You know , I think that's the first time I've ever heard you swear .”

I sat up feebly , and stretched .

“Where am I exactly ?”

“Emma and I's room . My bed . Since I'm such a gentleman , I let you have that while I took the couch .”

I yawned . “Right . Okay . Oh , thanks .”

The dress I had been wearing yesterday was still wrapped around me , although the material felt worn and tired . Deciding that I couldn't spend another second in bed without falling asleep again , I stood up cautiously . Emma lay in her bed across the room , curled up and sucking her thumb . Darren sat at the end of my bed , well , his bed , watching me .

“When do I have to leave ?” I asked sleepily . He chuckled .

“According to Sam , you have an hour . But they got some hotel workers to pack your stuff , so you don't have to worry about that .”

“Oh . Good .”

“Yup .”

I went back to my room , where Sam and Fiona were already up .

“Finally” Fiona said , smiling at me . “Alright , I'd advise you to take a quick shower – no offence , but you stink – then get dressed , and try to convince Matt to pull over at Starbucks .”

“Is Matt driving ?” I asked , while walking into the bathroom .

Fiona laughed and shook her head . “God , no . But he's tour manager , therefore in charge of everything that goes in . Poor thing , he must have such a hard time trying to control Jack .”

Trying to is a good way to put it .”

After my shower , which I felt so much better after by the way , I dried off quickly and got dressed in an outfit that someone had left out for me . At least it was my clothes , and they were considerate in the fact that I was going to try to fall asleep as soon as possible as the clothes were very comfortable .

On my phone awaited a text from Alex saying that they were just waiting for me and Jack , and that they were in the lobby . I grabbed my bags (ready packed and waiting for me on the made bed) and left the room .

“Morning “ Alex said , pulling me into a hug . “I hope you aren't too tired , but you'll be able to sleep on the bus anyway .”

“I hope you're not too hungover” I said in return , and he laughed .

“Well , to be honest” Alex said , and raised his eyebrow quickly , “But do me a favour and don't tell Matt about that , alright ?”

“Got it .”

Alex looked me up and done , and smiled .

“What ?” I asked suspiciously .

“You're hair is a mess , that's all .”

I frowned . “Well , I'm sorry , but I only had about five minutes to get ready and -”

Alex chuckled . “Relax , Halo . I've got just the thing to fix it .”

He reached over to his bag and pulled out a grey beanie , before fitting it onto my head . “There” He said smugly , “Perfect .”

Several New York taxis waited for us outside the hotel .

“Okay , gang” Matt said , clapping his hands together to get our attention . “So , here's the plan . We'll split into these cars here , and then we'll drive to just out of the city . That's where the bus is waiting for us . We're driving to Michigan from there , it'll take us a few days . The rest of the ATL team are waiting at the bus already , so we need to get a move on . Oh , and we're stopping in Ohio for a radio interview , so sort yourselves out on who's going to do that .”

We split into the taxis waiting for us . I don't remember much of the drive , as I was asleep for most of it . I awoke leaning on Alex's shoulder , curled up against his side . Zack smiled at us from the front , pocketing his camera . I realised what had woken me instantly .

“I didn't know you were into photography” Sam said to Zack . She seemed wide awake .

Zack shrugged . “I like the memories , I guess .”

About an hour later , we pulled up inside a remote parking lot . The only other vehicle was a giant bus , and I knew instantly it was ours .

Alex squeezed me shoulder as we exited the taxi , leaving Matt to pay for the expenses .

Rian , Zack , Jack , Matt , Grieco and Vinny were all familiar with the bus , it seemed like a second home to them .They charged onto it with their bags in hand , choosing their buks and setting up the TV and DVD player . Only Alex hung back with me .

“You'll get used to it soon enough” He promised me , “And you'll get to meet Danny , Jeff and Colussy !”

“Danny , Jeff and Colussy ?”

“The guitar tech , lights dude and assistant tour manager” Alex explained , rolling his eyes at me . “Seriously , Halo , keep up .”

I grabbed my bags , and followed the others to the tour bus . I guess I would have to get used to living on it , because that's where I would be for the next month .

Colussy , as Alex had called him , and I was going to too , sat beside the TV , trying to work out how to use it .

“Yo , Alex !” He said when he saw us , “Oh , and this is Halo !”

“Hazel” I corrected softly , and he nodded .

“Hazel , sorry . Alex has told me so much about you , though . It's great to have you on tour with us .”

“It's great to be on tour” I replied .