NEW STORY!!

Don't worry, I won't be writing this anytime soon. I will be finishing my other stories first. This is an idea that just came to me and I decided to share it.  Feedback welcomed and much appreciated. 

And yes I will be updating soon. 

This story is called Question Mark

? Question Mark

By maryash12

It is a punctuation at the end of a sentence that indicates a direct question of something unknown, unknowable, or uncertain. Life is full of questions, they are what drives us. Questions lead to answers, and knowledge, which in turn will lead to more questions. It is the unique traits that most living things share, the ability to question. But you should be beware, lest your questions give answers that one had not the strength to accept.

For example;

A dying mother, wife, and grandmother, makes her final mission to wreck the happiness and the peace of five people; her daughter, husband, niece and her husband, and a man called Korey G. Holland. This crafty woman, employed a con artist to create the best, complex and devious Ponzi scheme ever created.

Moments before her final breath on this earth, she succeeded in leaving those five people near penniless and bankrupt and destitute.

Now, the questions come;

How?

Whom?

When?

What?

Which?

Why?

And those would be very appropriate words. And the answers would be;

Well I can't just give you all the answers now can I? You will just have to read to find out.

PROLOGUE

Scarlett.

Yes, Scarlett just like Scarlett O'Hara from Gone With the Wind. Maybe she could even be the modern day great beauty. Beautiful and as conniving as her namesake.

Scarlett Donovan could never be referred to as kind and sweet and innocent. Those were laughable virtues to explain her. She was what we would refer to as the mean girl. The girl we all wish and pray for their downfall. But I wonder deep down what made a person become the despised 'mean girl'.

Perhaps some of them were never given the chance to be anything but the mean girl. With a mother and grandparents who are indifferent and slightly disgusted by her existence perhaps her inner good aura was never given a chance to blossom. She learned from a very early age -five to be exact when her mother boxed her ears for wishing to play dolls with her- that life is not fair, you make it fair to suit your needs and wishes.

So she was the hateful girl. The mean one, the sarcastic one. Rich and beautiful. Crafty and conniving. What stopped her from being completely rotten was the love and nurture of her daddy. A sweet man from humble origins who was despised by his wife and Scarlett's mother. But he loved Scarlett with all his being. We should thank God for small blessings.

Longing for the day where she will be accepted by both her grandparents and mother she does whatever asked of her. Including marrying a man to strengthen the family business. Unfortunately, her chosen husband is in-love with her cousin and despises Scarlett.

And Scarlett despises him just as much. She has fallen for another man. Smart and handsome Korey Holland. With her wits and talents, Scarlett fights her way through to wins Korey's affection and love. He was her Rhett.

Going against family, she files for separation and divorce from her husband to be with her Rhett. But alas, Rhett had a heart and mind for vengeance against her and her husband. And Scarlett was caught in the cross-fire. A very deadly cross-fire. She lost everything, her family, her future children, her health, prestige and her happiness. Her husband betrayed her and ruined her to be with his true love, her mother and grandparent disown her, and the last remnants of hope she had placed in Korey was mocking her suffering.

Her father always said his child was destined to ascend unparalleled glory and power. Knowing that indeed she has allowed herself to make life cruel and harsh place and she realizes that she must survive on her own, by any means necessary; orthodox and unorthodox.

She leaves the country on a private jet with her daddy and only friend in the word. But on the last steps of the stairs she turns her head back and right there and then she makes this promise and vow;

"As God is my witness, as God is my witness they're not going to lick me. I'm going to live through this and when it's all over, I'll never be hurt or powerless again. No, nor any of my folk. If I have to lie, steal, cheat or kill. As God is my witness, I'll never be powerless and hurt again!"

One thing is for certain you never keep a Scarlett down. They rise back-up stronger, wiser and most importantly deadly