Chapter. 10

Diane's POV

Sitting in her office, I tried to focus on any thing apart from the mountain of problems that was at my doorsteps and in I and my family's lives.

But I couldn't. There was nothing that I could possibly think that would take my mind off my predicament. Absolutely nothing.

I was losing business and the privacy of my family especially my children were being abused.

"You know, this is actually funny if you think about it" Nina said aloud as she folded the trash she calls a newspaper and throwing it where it belonged. In the trash.

She had called me yesterday asking me to meet her in her office because her boyfriend had some news that could help me. I had been here for over an hour and there was still no sign of him.

I turned to look at her with a scalding look. "Pray tell what it is that you find so amusing" I asked her slightly annoyed.

I didn't wait for her to respond and just continued talking. "Is it amusing that my name and face are being dragged through the mud? Or the fact that I have people banging at my doors every single day, saying they want to investigate some sort of bull again? Or the fact that I can't leave the comfort of my house and my kids can't get a moment of peace? Which one?"

"None. I just find it amusing the amount if energy and money they have poured into all these shenanigans. It's just too bad that it will all be for a waste. And I find it amusing that they think that they can't get away with this" she replied never once missing a beat or showing annoyance at my moody attitude.

But can you blame me. For a whole thirteen days there has been nothing but talk about me. My name has been splashed on all TV shows and rag tag magazines that you can think of. Across the whole damn country. There was nothing funny about this.

The newspapers were not so kind. They were calling me a "classy tramp", A fake,only to name a few. I was being accused left right and center of being nothing more than a farce who has done nothing to earn her name and her money.

And I of course knew who was behind it.

"When is lover boy getting here?" I asked her dryly.

"I don't know. He has been out of the country for a week or so. Then yesterday he called to say that he  would like to see both of us" she explained to me for the second time today. I was impatient.

A knock came on Diane's door thinking it was him I sighed. But alas it was only her assistant. 

Peeking in "Hey turn to channel 4 you might want to see this" then closed the door.

She gave me a look and I just returned it with a shrug. Then taking a deep breath and embracing myself for what I was going to see. I had been through this before. What else did and could  they come up with.

This time it was a talk show Jill and Scott.

"What in Hades" I muttered to myself. This man was moving up.

And there was my nightmare. The man who I did not know from Adam who was making it his personal mission to destroy my life.

"So tell me again, how did this woman Diane get a hold of your stories?" Scott asked the man sitting across from him.

"Well Diane and I went to school together. She wrote a little bit of short plays and I encouraged her to do so. We were quite close. Well she had a falling out with her family and ran away from home. We still kept in touch and one day there was an ad for a playwriting contest and she talked me into participating. I wrote the screen play Sands.  Hoping to pitch it to George Sinclair.  I was busy with work and she was just staying at home doing nothing. But in her defence she was pregnant so I thought that we would have an edge"