BONUS CHAPTER

Author's note.

I have been receiving a lot of comments and feedbacks about Esther (Diane's mother) and Alexander Tay. This part is for the benefit of telling Esther' and Alex's part. It can be read separate or as part of the story. A little bit of spoilers.

Two Weeks Later

Pulling up in the driveway she parked her car and killed the engine. Taking three deep breaths she tried to get her raging nerves into control. This was perhaps one of the scariest thing she was ever going to face. It didn't help that she had only managed to achieve three hours of sleep last night. She had just been tossing and turning and finally at 3 in the morning she gave up the task of falling asleep. Throwing off her covers and grabbing her house-coat off the board she tiptoed down the stairs and into the kitchen for a glass of grape juice. Sighing she took a sip and her mind wandered on the whirlwind and the tornado that was her life.

Alexander would just not leave her alone. He had been so persistent. She had no idea when or how and most importantly why he had taken such an interest in her. Her thoughts went back to the first day that she had set her eyes on him. It was a mistake, 'a wonderful mistake' though she will never be vocal and admit it to anyone. By fortune or by curse she was yet to decide, by chance they had literally run into each other at the dry cleaners. Months ago, she had just returned after picking up a dress from the dry cleaners. She was ready to pull out of the street when she felt the impact of a car behind her. Quickly getting out, she stepped out of the car just as he was. She was a bit ticked off and frightened for the person in the car. Walking out of his black Ferrari was a blond young man. He was recognizable but she couldn't pinpoint where she had seen him. They exchanged pleasantries and numbers after making sure that they were both unhurt and they drove off. She didn't give it much thought as she was shooting episodes for her new cooking show.

On the premiere freaking out in her dressing room, a stage hand came with a bouquet of daisies. Gasping at the beautiful arrangement she read the note signed "Glad to see our little crash didn't interfere with your performance. Break a leg. AT" She remembered there and then who he was and couldn't help the smile that came to her lips. 'How sweet' she thought to herself and tuck the note into her purse. She still hadn't found out who exactly Alex Tay was. She recognized the name. All that she knew was that he was a rich young man that probably was spoilt.

The coming weeks, had gone without any other event between the two of them. She tried to stay away from the public which meant declining any invitations to restaurant openings or social events. Fate decided to intervene and they found themselves in the same bakery. They had shared a cup of coffee and some muffins over an interesting conversation. To her delight found him to be a sweet, funny and charming man. The shared a couple of the same interest like tennis, food and TV shows. From then on they had been talking nonstop, calling, texting and meeting for lunch. It was a gratifying feeling to know that she had a friend. They talked about a lot of things.

Eventually, she had found out who he was, an actor, and a fine one at that. But they still kept in touch. She almost, almost felt human again. Her daughter still had no idea that she knew him before she did. It seemed unimportant.

She had no idea when his attraction as more than a friend started. All she knew was that one day he had called and asked her out to dinner. Thinking nothing more as a dinner between friends she had accepted and they had met at Leuver. The conversation had been great and the company splendid. They had cracked jokes and at the end of the night he was more insistent that he drop her home instead of her taking a taxi. Like a gentleman he had walked her to her door and she was in the process of thanking him for a lovely evening when out of nowhere he had silenced her with a kiss.