Chap. 19

THIRD POV

"He is such a good man. Very repentant of his mistakes upon realization" Ashely stated as she looked at Collins with admiration.

"Over the years he has been a philanthropist to many organizations dedicated to helping children" Sara rattled on and on about Collins great many achievements.

"No one could possibly be a better father than Collins. His love for life is so vibrant and he passes that along to his godchildren" his best friend Morris told the court. "My children sometimes wish that he was their dad instead of me" he chuckled.

"The day that Collins signed away his rights I was truly devastated. I couldn't understand why. I knew he would always regret it and I told him countless of times. The relationship between he and I was never the same as how it used to be. But he was young and frankly stupid. As angry as I am with him and disappointed as I always will be with him, I know he has changed. I ask the court to look past his sins and grant him his children back" his mother rattled on, she was even tearing up.

But she was not done there. She turned to Diane who had an incredulous and disbelieving look on her face at this woman's drama and antics.

"Diane as a mother, I can understand how angry you must be and believe me when I say that I understand that rage. But please forgive him. I beg of you" now tearing up a lot and sobbing softly.

"Mr. Dwight was in a state of shock. My defense is that his subconscious could not comprehend the situation and he took the best way that his mind thought best. You can call it a form of post-natal depression that men suffer" a psychiatrist told the court.

"Ms. Reyes statement that the boys have never questioned her about their biological father is quite disturbing to me. Boys are naturally curious and the absence of the curiosity to know anything about their father I have to say is worrying. It is within my purview, to state that the boys may suffer from traumatic shock later on in life if they are not acquainted with their biological father. The questions they may have would be pushed down and that may turn them into lashing out to alleviate their anger and frustration." A child psychologists told the court.

"Your honor, I have been the Dwights lawyer for nearly fifteen years. If you will look back at the generational structure of the family you will see that all companies are passed down to the children. There has never been an exception. And these children are well trained and taught right from birth. It is the royal throne that they must inherit. The Dwights need these children" the lawyer stated on stand.

This had been the character witnesses' statements over the past weeks over the trial. Honestly, Collins could not have hoped for anything better. Everyone was playing their parts nicely. The comments were really in his favor and he could see the judge nodding once in a while as he listened to the character witnesses testifying on his behalf.

Truly it was going well, but there was a small matter that was getting to him. It concerned the opposition. For whatever reason they were not refuting or rebutting any of the statements or the witnesses.

"No questions your honor"

That was the statement that Jude and Nina always made. It almost seemed like it was a one-sided argument. They were just sitting there like sitting ducks. And that was bothering him. It really was. There had to be a method to their madness and they couldn't think of a reason why?

These were some of the thoughts floating through his mind as he watched them as they played in their match. They were good. He was less learned in soccer than he was in the other sports. Yet, even he knew that those two boys were exceptional. They played with skill and showed that they had the love of the game.