Chapter Thirty-Nine

Start from the beginning

I nodded as he kissed me goodbye and hopped into his car.

"I love you!

" He called after me as I began to walk away.

"I love you too!"

I made my way towards the grave yard gates, clutching some roses that I had bought on the way here. I paused at the gate and took a deep breath. It had been a year since I had been here, I felt like I had betrayed them but I did always think about them! Every minute they were in my head. And becoming closer to Jay, Louis' mum made me realise that I need a mother figure in my life! I opened the creaky gate as I slowly crept down the paths between the graves. I knew exactly where I was going.

I sighed as I found the graves. They were beside each other, how they would want to be. Seeing the graves, made everything seem so real! I fell onto my knee's trying to stop my tears from emerging. I placed the flowers on their graves as I sat beside them. It broke my heart, knowing that my parents were dead, yet the world carried on as normal. I brought my knees closer to my face as I began to talk.

"I miss you so much! I need parents, you know!"

I sighed slowly as a tear slid down my face.

"I've met a boy...he's great!"

I let out a small laugh.

"You'd love him and dad you'd approve too!"

I knew that they couldn't hear me but it was comforting to let out my feelings.

"God, if only things were different! Mum, dad...I love you so much! And I'm so sorry that I did what I did...If I'd have known that they were dangerous I wouldn't have opened the door!"

I wiped the tears away on my sleeve as I shuddered with a breeze that was floating around me. I rearranged the flowers so that they were lined up in a perfect row.

"You wouldn't believe my life now. I'm a singer! Little old me a singer. I know it's shocking. I have the boys to thank for that, they're my best friends. You'd love them...if you were here!"

I began to cry again.

"Paige?"

I heard a soft voice on the breeze call my name. I turned slowly to find Louis slowly walking towards me. He gave me an encouraging smile.

"What are you doing here?" I asked him.

"I knew you'd need a hug!"

He said as he opened his arms welcomingly. He knew me so well! I ran into his arms as he held me tightly. I cried into his shoulders as he whispered comforting words to me. Eventually he let go of me as he wiped some tears from my eyes.

"Shh. Please don't cry, celebrate their life, don't mourn their death!"

I stopped crying slowly, I knew he was right! He looked at the grave and showed me some flowers in his hand.

"May I?" He asked soothingly.

I nodded and he bent down and placed the flowers carefully onto the grave.

"Thanks."

I said as he smiled at me.

"For what"?

"For being perfect!"

He beamed.

"Aww come here!" He kissed me on my forehead as I snuggled up to him.

"Are you ready to go babe?" I nodded as I took one last glance at the grave before trudging out of the graveyard and into his car. He held my hand supportingly.

We reached the hotel as I jumped out of the car. One car stood out in the car park. It looked like - no, they weren't here...were they?

"PAIGE!!!!"

I recognised those voices straight away. We turned to find four boys grinning broadly. In Niall's hand were some nachos and on Harry's hand was a NYC giant glove.

"What are you doing here?"

"We wanted to surprise you!" We all ran into a group hug.

"New York is great!" Screamed Liam as he showed them some pictures of them today by the statue of liberty.

Niall held his hand out eagerly. I sighed and handed him his sweets. He held them to his body like they were a precious diamond.

"Thanks Paige and Lou. I love you guys!"

He shouted as he jumped around on the spot.

"Guess what?" Zayn said excitedly.

"What babe?"

"There's a premier tonight, can we go please!"

"Sure." I laughed.

"You don't need to ask my permission you know, I'm not you mum babe." He laughed.

"I know but we want to have your approval."

"Aww!"

"Will you come Paige?" "Erm..." "PLEASE!"

"Okay, but it's my first premier so I'm sticking with you guys!" They all cheered as we strode into the hotel. This was an eventful day!