Chapter Thirty-Nine

I stared at it in awe. The huge building towered above us.

"Wow." I said as I took in its beauty. Lou smiled at me, before grabbing my hand and pulling me into the building.

"Hello and welcome to the Empire State Building."

A young woman with a fake smile greeted us at the door. She looked confused as she looked from me to Lou.

"Are you-"

"Nope?"

Lou interrupted as he pulled me away from the woman - that was close! We walked up to the reception and charged up the stairs out of breath. After seventeen floors, I nearly collapsed - I really was unfit!

"We should have taken the lift!

"He suggested as I glared at him.

"You mean, there's a lift!"

He shifted awkwardly.

"I guess I didn't mention that huh?"

"Nope!"

"Oops!"

"Come on!"

I said as I wandered up the final flight of stairs. We walked arm in arm onto the roof top floor. I walked towards the edge as I gasped in amazement. You could see the whole of New York from here, it was beautiful! Lou smiled at me, speechless as well! I grinned broadly.

"Are you speechless...wow?" He laughed his usual crazy laugh.

"Heyy!"

We asked another tourist to take some pictures of us on my camera. We leaned on the railing as he placed his arm around my waist. We grinned broadly into the camera. I needed some holiday snaps especially with my perfect boyfriend! We'd been dating for six months now and I loved every second I spent with him! The camera flashed brightly and he let go of me and took my camera back.

"Sweet parlour?"

I nodded as we took the lift downstairs. The sweet parlour was only on the next street so we walked.

"Last one there's got to clean the hotel room!"

He started to sprint when I shouted after him.

"Louis, how old are we?"

He stopped and faced me. I took my chance and ran past him whilst laughing.

"That's cheating!"

"Nope, I prefer to call it winning!" I reached the doorway as he jogged up to me.

"You better get cleaning babe!" I suggested jokingly. He pretended to laugh.

"You love it really!" He grinned slyly.

I stared at the endless jars of sweets, not having a clue what Niall would like. First we brought the maple candy for Nialler and then some lollipops for Lou and some sugar mice for Liam. I bought Harry some chocolate fudge and for Zayn some gummy lips. Sorted! And of course, I might have bought myself some éclairs...

We paid for them and strolled out clutching our treats, which I must say were very tempting!

"Where do you want to go now babe?"

I looked down, knowing that it was time to face it.

"I need to see them." I said quietly.

He nodded, understanding what I meant.

"Do you want me to come with you babe?"

I shook my head slowly.

"Okay, I'll pick you up in half an hour!"