Chapter Thirty-Five

I shook him gently.

"Lou. Lou wake up!"

I whispered into his ear as my tears dripped onto him.

"Lou, please wake up!" Harry burst into tears as he stared at his best friend, lying motionless.

"It's my fault!" I said. Harry shook his head hysterically.

"No, it's not!"

"It is, it's my entire fault!"

I buried my head into Louis shoulders. Harry pulled me up off the floor. He pulled me into a cuddle, as we cried onto each other's shoulders.

"We need to get away from here, before he wakes up!" He pointed to Michael through the tears.

I shook my head quickly.

"I'm not leaving him!"

Harry stared at Lou lying motionless on the ground and became more and more hysterical.

"Paige, there's nothing we can do!"

He placed his arm around me and began to pull me away.

"I'm not leaving him!" He let go of me.

"Paige, do you think he'd let me leave you here to die!"

"I'd rather die than live without him!" I screamed at him as I ran towards Lou and held him in my arms.

"Don't give up, please we need you... I need you."

I held his hand and kissed his forehead.

"Paige, we need to go. The ambulance will be here soon!"

Harry was slowly breaking down.

"Well until then I will wait with him! Do you think he'd leave us alone?" He shook his head.

"He told me to always protect you if he ever left. And I will respect his wishes!"

Michael began to wake up. Harry grabbed me and pulled me down the street.

"NO. Harry NO!" He wasn't listening.

"Harry, let go of me!" He kept on running. I couldn't leave Louis alone, he needed me! So I did something I am ashamed of. I turned around and slapped Harry across the face. He let go off me as he stopped in shock.

"I'm so sorry Harry!"

He stared at me heartbroken. I seized my chance, as I ran away from him at full speed. I ran towards Louis as I held him protectively. I wouldn't give up yet! Michael walked towards me carrying the blood soaked knife; I ignored him as I cradled Louis in my arms.

He yanked my arms and pulled me up but I wouldn't let go of Lou. He grabbed me by the hair and pulled me backwards towards him as my grip on Lou dropped. He stood directly behind me, holding my arms behind my back.

"Any last words!" He hissed into my ear. I turned around and faced him.

"Go to hell!"

He smiled and lunged towards me, I waited for the pain to reach me but instead I heard a loud BANG!

Michael fell backwards clutching his stomach. I turned around to find Paul holding a smoky gun, with the boys stood terrified behind him. They all ran up to me along with Harry. I looked down as they noticed Louis. Their faces dropped as they charged towards him and collapsed onto the ground. We all cried together until the ambulance came...

Liam's POV - Two days later

It has been two days, since the 'accident'. Lou still hasn't woken up, the doctors say that it will take time for him to wake up and he may not remember us might never remember us! I miss him so much! Every day we visit the hospital for five hours and then we leave him with Paige. I'm worried about her; she hasn't eaten or slept since he was stabbed. She won't even leave the hospital! She won't talk to anyone and when she does she just cries about it being all her fault. It's like we haven't just lost Lou, but we've lost her too! We all walk into the hospital to find Paige by his bedside.

"Hiya babe." She gives us a weakly smile.

"Hi." She says quietly. I miss her infectious smile!

"Babe, do you want some food?"

Niall asks her.

She shakes her head sadly.

"Paige, I'm not being funny but you need to eat!"

Harry pipes up as he wipes away his tears. I can't imagine what would happen without Lou, what if he never wakes up! The fans are being supportive as always but I just want Lou back!

"I'm not hungry!" Paige says.

"Look, babe you need to go home and sleep, and have a nice meal." She looked up at Zayn with teary eyes.

"I will do all that stuff, when Lou can! Can he go home and have a nice meal...NO! And do you know why? Because of me. Because I made him fall for me and then I made him come home that night! If I had gone clubbing with you then none of this would have happened!"

She burst into tears as Harry and I comforted her.

"Stop blaming yourself, if you go home and come back in an hour Lou won't know!"

"No, but I will! I have to stay with him!"

She was stubborn, I'll give her that. I gave her a big hug as she sniffled. She stroked Lou's hand gently as she whispered something to him! The doctor said that if he hadn't woken up in a week, we might have to consider giving up on him. But we would never give up! We left her alone with him, as we went to go and buy some more carrots, for when he wakes up.

If he wakes up...

Paige's POV

I just feel so empty and alone! I stare at Louis lying motionless and looking perfect whilst I cry into my hands. Suddenly the door opens. A woman walks in crying. She has brown hair and brown eyes, I recognise her instantly. She looks exactly like Lou!

"Mrs Tomlinson?" She nods slowly.

"Call me Johannah or Jay dear. You're Paige?

" I nod and stand up fast.

"I'll give you some alone time." She stops me.

"No, dear it's fine. He'd want you to be here, he always used to talk about you. It was Paige this and Paige that!"

I blush, missing my perfect boyfriend even more!

"I've been looking forward to meeting you dear, it's just a shame it's like this!"

She starts to cry along with me as I hug her slowly. It hurts to look into her eyes and see him, I want him back!

After a while of silence, she leaves to go home.

"I'll be back tomorrow Lou, don't worry."

She kisses him on the forehead and gives me a hug as she leaves. I sit on the chair beside him as I lean my head on him and whisper.

"I love you Lou!"

Suddenly the machine started to beep. I stand up fast as his arm starts to move.

"Lou!" I shout.

"NURSE!" I screamed as no-one responds to me.

The boys run in and circle his bed. Slowly his beautiful eyes open and blink at me.

"Boys?"

They all cry with happiness, he then looks at me.

"Who are you?"