Chapter 36: A Failed Plan

Lance's POV:

      I was still stuck in the hospital after 3 days since one of the gunshot wounds was nearly critical. With all my endless hours, I talked with the officer assigned to the case and we tried figuring out where Vince would be. Since I had nothing to go off of but his first name and where he went to high school, we were pretty starting from the ground up. 

      Officer Chelsey had solved many of these cases where crazy exes were usually the culprit. Chase and Brooklyn stopped by regularly, but couldn't remember much about Vince's personal life or houses he may own. They are pretty much are our only hope since Vanessa's parents were out of the country and won't be back for a few days. Their phones and emails are all being held until they return, so contacting them would be pointless. We don't have a few days to waste. 

     With the little knowledge, I have about Vince paired with Officer Chelsey's experience with these cases, I gathered that after a few days, the hopes start to dwindle along with the chances of ever finding her. But I'm not going to think about that right now. Right now, I need to find her and tell her... 

Vanessa's POV:

    "Take a left as soon as you exit the room. You should see Penny, she has orange hair. Follow her directions. Good luck." He instructed me, giving me a grim look. 

     "Thanks." That one word conveyed the gratitude I felt before he opened the door and nodded toward the door. I stepped out and almost immediately I spotted Penny, her vivid orange hair impossible to miss. 

    "Follow me." Were her only words but I detected a British accent. She grabbed my hand and pulled me quickly down into the corridor where all the windows were boarded with rotting plywood and the only other two doors were splattered in similar shades of red and brown. Penny knocked a quick pattern on the left door and another young girl, who looked no younger than 14 ushered us in. They conversed silently before she tapped a section of the wall which fell back, revealing a small space. We sat quickly in the space and it closed, but not before Penny started talking rapidly, 

      "Do you know where we are? Is there anyone you can call? Are you his girl he talks about?"

       "I don't know exactly, but I think I might know who the house belongs to, Vince. I can call Lance. I'm not his girl. I never will. I am not an object he can lay claim to. I decide who I get to hand my heart over to. And it will never be him." I whispered, wondering why their eyes widened with fear. A feeling of dread settled in my stomach as I exhaled. 

     "That's right Princess, it's me. You didn't really think you could avoid me, in my own fortress, did you? Now be a good girl and come here." I heard his scratchy voice order me. I knew he wouldn't hesitate to hurt the girls if I didn't obey, so I hesitantly got up and turned around. 

     I came face to face with a rugged version of the boy who had once won the Senior Superlative, Most Likely To Be a Model. His unshaved face, bloodshot eyes, and the bungee cord in his hands gave me the chills. He stepped closer, unraveling the bungee cord with each step until I could smell the surprising amount of cologne floating off his body. He pressed me close, hooking me to him with the bungee cord. His rough hand caressed my cheek, making me flinch. 

      "Don't flinch Princess. You'll officially be mine in a few days. Isn't that exciting? You'll finally be my real life Queen. And this," he said running his hands all over my half-naked body, "will be mine."

     I clenched my jaw, knowing if I opened my mouth I would probably get punched. He let go of my face only to point to the girls. 

    "Be in my room in an hour for your punishment." and then looked at me, "Don't worry Princess, we're not married so it's not cheating. After we get married, I'll have Art deal with them." 

    He dragged me out and to the original room where the boy was nowhere to be found, but a bright red splatter decorated the door. I hoped it wasn't from the boy.

     "This will be your room for now and in a few days, our room! Now girl, get my Princess some food. I'll see you in a few days, Princess. I've got to take care of a few people so they don't interrupt our ceremony." And with that he left, locking the door. 

    The girl I hadn't noticed came out of the shadows and placed a plate of some soupy mush in front of me with a foggy spoon. I looked down upon it but figured if I wanted to run away, I'd need my strength.

    Where are you, Lance?

______________________________________________________

Thoughts?

I know this was a gloomy chapter, but the ones to come will make up for it.

Thank you all for being patient!

As I said in my update book, October is the start of my crazy schedule. This means that updates might be at absurd hours or a day late. All I can say is thank you for the patience!

Also, we are super close to 3K reads! Can we try getting to 3K before next week's update? 

Finally, next week's update is a Reader Request! So comment, PM, or post on my message board your requests. 

Don't forget to share, comment, and VOTE!

That's all for now! :)