Chapter 16: A Night with Friends

---Lance's POV:

We head to the kitchen as Brooklyn and Chase pick out a movie for us all to watch.

"Popping corn kernels are in the lower cupboard to your right. I'm gonna make a batch of chocolate covered pretzels." Vaness informed me as she poured chocolate wafers into the melting pot.

As I waited for the butter to heat up in the pot, I headed out to the living room where Brooklyn and Chase were having a debate over which Nicholas Sparks novel turned movie was more romantic.

"The Lucky One is so romantic, though. This guy goes on the hunt for this lady just because of a photo. You have got to admit that is sweet." Brooklyn argued, holding up the DVD.

"But-" Chase began, only to be cut off by Vaness walking in with an assortment of chocolate covered foodstuffs.

"I suggest you stop while you are still ahead."

Brooklyn pouted, but a glimmer of a smile was visible.

"Chocolate!"

We all laughed as Chase dove into the tray of goodies. Chase and his chocolate. Those two are like me and my decaf coffee.

I finished with the popcorn and brought out a bowl for us. Vaness picked up a piece and threw it towards Brooklyn. She caught it with an awaiting mouth as she returned the favor.

Back and forth they went until finally, Chases decided to throw me a piece. I missed the popcorn landing right on top of Vanessa's head. Carefully, I moved closer and picked it up, popping it into my mouth. Chase tossed a piece to Vaness and she backed into me as she caught the piece. She had now landed on my lap, our bodies fitting perfectly.

I took the opportunity to adjust myself, indirectly putting her in a position in which I could easily access her lips. I took the opportunity to lay my lips on hers, savoring the moment. We both heard the theme song play, so she shifted beside me. Her face was aflame as Brooklyn smirked towards us and Chases chuckled quietly.

We settled down on the couch after I got the second bowl of popcorn from the pot. Chase and Brooklyn were snuggled up on one corner of the couch. Vaness and I were on the other side, my arm around and her head resting on my chest. A man could get used to this.

 A man could get used to this

"We should do that more often," Brooklyn exclaimed as she hugged Vaness before walking out the door. Chase gave me what is commonly coined a "man-hug" and whispered something to Vaness, making her blush.

I closed the door to the apartment and helped Vaness pack the extra snacks for tomorrow.

"Well, what are your plans for tomorrow?" Vaness asks, dunking a mint green tea bag into a mug and taking a seat. I followed suit and responded,

"I was thinking of catching up on the semester paper, but I also want to hit the gym. You?"

"2 batches of cupcakes, digging my way through the piled up work and packing. I need to start organizing myself for these slew of trips we are about to go on."

Just then, Hamilton walked in, carrying multiple binders with papers falling out left and right.

"What are those!?" I asked, surprised as I got up and helped him with the papers.

"Uh, lab work. I took a position as the lab assistant and these are all the binders I need to get through within the semester. I thought I might as well start now. Ugh. I'm heading to bed. See ya in the morning." He responded, a defeated look plastered on his face.

"He's right it's late. I'm heading to bed. Night, Lance." She said, standing up and kissing me.

"Night, Vaness," I replied, still tasting the mint and honey from her lips. As soon as she disappeared into her room, leaving the door a crack open as usual, my cell rang, startling me out of my reverie.

"Hello?" I asked, wondering who would be calling at this hour.

"Lance, your father would like you to meet him in his office at 9 am tomorrow morning. He said to dress formally as you will be meeting some extremely important persons. Questions?" Ms. Natalie Lenox, my father's secretary answered. I groaned inwardly as I thought of this could possibly be.

"Natalie, can't we meet at a restaurant or something? The office is so far away and I have classes. I don't know if I can make it." I replied, checking the 3' by 2' calendar in my room and seeing that I had a class tomorrow morning at 10 am.

"Lance, you know how your father is when you keep him waiting or try rescheduling something. I really don't want to have to deal with him right now. Or your mother. You know how she gets when someone disrupts her evening plans. I'll send a company car at 7 am, please just be ready on time." She pleaded.

"Don't I know it. She's so annoying and such a perfectionist! At least you don't have to live with her for months. I swear, if one thing is out of place, she goes berserk. I had plans, but I can cancel them. I'll see you tomorrow. Have a good night, Natalie." I respond, already erasing my study time and my gym workout and replacing it with this appointment.

I got ready for bed and set an alarm for 6 am, knowing I better be on time, or my father would blow a fuse.

________________________________________________________________________________

Hey guys!

Sorry for such a short chapter, but I will be updating Chapter 17 shortly after this one has uploaded! Yay!

I have noticed that views per chapter have dropped off. So thank you so those of who have stayed on for this long. You are the people I have kept this story published for. 

Don't forget to share, comment, and VOTE!

That's all for now! :)