Chapter 30: Coffee Cupcakes and A Question

After returning to campus:

Vanessa's POV:
        "Thanks so much for dealing with my crazy family the entire weekend." I said, placing a kiss on his lips. They tasted like green tea, my favorite flavor.

      "They aren't crazy, wait till you've met my aunts. I'll be surprised if you don't go running." He told me chuckling.

     "They can't be that bad! I'm sure they are amazing!" I replied, leaning back into his hard chest that I still haven't gotten over. He wrapped his arms around my waist, leaning his head down to my shoulder.

    We stayed like that for a quiet moment, enjoying the feel of each other. We were startled by the doorbell ringing.

      "Are we expecting anyone?" He asked, unfortunately pulling away.

      "Nope," I went up beside him as he looked thru the new peephole we had and saw that it was just Hamilton and Lindsey.

      "Hey guys. Haven't seen you in a while!" They stepped inside, heading to the kitchen.

    We chatted for a while, sitting around the granite island countertop. Lindsey and Hamilton, though no one would expect a pharmaceutical student and a fashion major to look so in love. They had their hands intertwined and they sat as if they couldn't bear to be apart for that long.

        I was startled out of my thoughts when Lance's country music ringtone blared from the counter.
       "Hey ma! Yea, I'm at the apartment. Um, ma I'm gonna have to get back to you on that. Um...uh, ma, fine...I will. See you then. Love you." He ended, giving me a sheepish smile.

     "I'll tell you later." He mouthed. I nodded, wondering what happened.

After quite some time, Lindsey and Hamilton left for his parents house and it was just us two again. Not that I minded, of course.

      "So what's up?" I asked as we curled up on the couch, my body curled up next to his.

    "Well, my ma invited us to Friday night dinner. You totally don't have to go, it's just that I told her about moving in with you and so she wants to meet you. I can just say you are bu-" I effectively shut him up by kissing his lips, and slowly pulling away when I lost my breath. Dang, every kiss with him sucks the air out of me (in a good way).

     "I want to meet the people that are important to you. Just tell me what to wear and what to bring." I answered.

     "Well, we all have a sweet tooth..." He trailed off.

      "Lance Fields! Are you trying to get free cupcakes from me!?" I inquired, jokingly.

      "Noo.." His left eyebrow twitched.

     "Mhm, sure mister."

    "You will look awesome in everything you wear." He quickly changed the topic, diverting the topic.

      "Is a dress too revealing or are stockings too old school? Argh! This is so difficult! Help!"

      "Lets head to your closet. I'm sure there's something that is suitable." I agreed and we headed over to my room and opened my closet with a flourish.

"Finally! We have it!" I exclaimed, ready to be done with this

"My mom sounded pretty excited to meet you. I doubt she'll be nitpicking over your choice of lipstick. But I do like the light pink one. It doesn't transfer to me and it looks nice." Lance told me as we walked out to the kitchen.

     "What flavor cake does your family prefer?"

     "Chocolate and coffee."

       "Ooo, so I could do different variations on chocolate and coffee!"

     And so, I spent the next few hours making every variation of chocolate and coffee cupcakes I could think of. Peanut butter cup, sundae, marshmallow creme, and triple choco for all the chocolate varieties. Cinnamon, vanilla, and hazelnut for the coffee.

     "Why don't you go get ready and I'll pack these into the carriers." He offered, steering me to my room.

Lance's POV:

      While Vaness got ready, I had another plan up my sleeve. She had left her cookbook out, so I made a few more, identical to hers, I think, but instead of a traditional garnish, I wrote out the words, will you be my girlfriend on 7 cupcakes. Hopefully this goes according to plan!

_______________________________

Aww, isn't he romantic?

So we have finally crossed the 2,000 reads mark, but our votes are still kinds lagging.

Let's try getting this book to 200 votes by the end of September!

You know the drill...😂

Next update: Sept. 15th!

That's all for now! :)