After a quick shower, he ran downstairs to meet his family for dinner. He never thought he'd be unsure of the word 'dinner' in his life.

There was a wide variety of roasted vegetables lined the tray. It was different. Not different that there were vegetables, but different in the fact it was only vegetables.

The confusion in his eyes were enough for his mother to notice.

"I hope you don't mind honey but, I've decided to be more vegan now." His mother informed.

Remembering his aunt saying he should 'eat more vegetables', he nodded with a small smile. His mother was going to change her way of dishes at some point for his sake.

"It's okay, mom. I'm gonna eat my veges for once." He took his seat eagerly, the silver fork and spoon already in hand.

His mother was slightly caught off guard of his reaction but smiled nonetheless.

"That's my boy. Eat up." She scooped a heaping pile of bell peppers, corn bit, broccoli, and baby carrots. All roasted to perfection and seasoned with salt and pepper, laid on Jimin's plate.

The first bite was in and hesitation stood after he started chewing. To say the dish had a weird texture was an understatement since he wasn't used to having vegetables instead of the tender meat, fried and grilled.

But he was determined, so he forced himself to swallow it.

"Mmmm, that's great."

He sorta lied, but again he was determined so he chewed more of the roasted greens.

Dinner by rather slower for Jimin. Embargoing the fact Jihyun was complaining about his cousins beating him in a board game at the table during Christmas morning, he managed to finish his big dish of veges. Feeling comparatively desolated.

-

He continued the new and torturous routine til' he entered his sophomore year of high school.

He remembered when he brought a bag full of steamed sweet potatoes wrapped in aluminum foil to lunch. Taehyung looked at him like he came from another planet.

"Jiminie, don't tell you wanna switch your whole lunch with my little grilled cheese." His knitted eyebrows, fear of switching his favorite sandwich displayed on his face which made the older chuckle.

"No, Taehyung. I've decided to start a new leaf of eating healthier." He scooted his chair closer to the lunch table, removing the foil of the sweet potato that was just the right temperature not to burn his little stubby fingers.

Taehyung was surprised but shrugged with a smile, knowing that his friend finally learning to eat his greens.

Man, Jimin tried so hard not to choke on it. He wanted the grilled cheese steady though there was a fine line between want and need. He needed to eat to fill his stomach, not to satisfy it. Swallowing his lunch bite after bite down his throat.

Luckily he finished all of them just in time for his next period. Taehyung ended up giving him a pat on the back for his accomplishment.

-

At sixteen years old in his junior year of highschool, he eventually enjoyed the taste of spinach and appreciated Brussel sprouts. He gotten very used to the taste that he didn't mind how bland it actually was.

Jimin even had the chance to snatch an enrollment in a dance team, competition after competition meaning he had to practice 24/7. Plus it was a form of exercise besides his usual workout routine at the gym.

It was challenging, but he met the sunshine of the group named, Jung Hoseok who helped him through times of wanting to stop, break down and quit. He was always there to keep him back on track. Kinda like a personal motivator.

-

The journey to reach that stage of his life was extremely difficult. But Jimin concurred it. Turning his taste buds around was the best decision he ever made.

He lost most of the baby fat. It was the greatest feeling he'd experienced. He was definitely leaner and the shape underneath peaked through. Looking in the mirror became less of a pain.

However, he also had the habit of stepping on the scale everyday to make sure he was on track. He usually did it after breakfast, lunch and dinner.

131 Ibs soon became 127 Ibs, then 125 Ibs. He was losing the weight slowly.

His parents were proud of him, they told him he would be treated to his favorite meal - honey roasted chicken with fried wedges.

The first thought that came was finally, after his hard work he got to have something delicious. The next thought that came was possibly gaining back the weight he lost over the time of his new diet

Jimin thanked them for the offer but he opted them for treating him to a salad instead, surprising both of his parents but it was what he wanted, right?

Jimin became more picky with his food choices. He knew he was losing weight but he wanted it to be more effective and fast.

He did a lot of things that seemed ridiculous to the naked eye.

Looking at the nutritional facts at the back of every food that had them was just the beginning.

Jimin would always chose his vegetables over meat, and he wouldn't hesitate to go vegan for a whole day.

His aunt would compliment him about his successful weight lost, telling him to keep it up. It made him smile. To him, it meant that he was doing something right for once.

He should be satisfied. The skin under his chin was tighter, thus making his jawline more prominent, the lines in his stomach was coming in nicely, arms and legs were toned due to dance rehearsals. He should be happy with the body he had achieved.

Jimin should be satisfied, so why wasn't he?

-

The boy figured it out as he noticed that the scale wasn't changing to according to he desired goal. It was moving slow, he didn't like it. Not one bit.

He wanted more than that. He wanted a drastic change in the number. He wanted his abs to pop out into a hard six-pack. He just wanted to be desired.

Jimin wanted to know how far he could take this.