Chapter 29 DEMI E

Demi's POV:

My life has been crazy in the past few months. It is now December and my album DEMI dropped on May 10th and its been doing great. I decide that I would also go back to X-factor for season three. I have also written a book called Staying Strong: 365 Days a Year that topped the New York Times best sellers list. I have also moved back to my apartment in LA. It sucks being away from my family but I needed to in order to do X-factor.

The hardest time I had during X-factor happened when we were in New York for auditions. The last day I got a phone call saying that my father passed away. Kelly, Paulina and Mia all helped me a lot during this time. I truly don't know what I would have done without them.

Speaking of Mia, over the months we have only gotten closer. She mainly stayed with Brooklyn and Melissa thought, but she came out for a week each month or whenever I needed her. She is trying to spend as much time with them as possible before we start the tour. Mia has been helping Brooklyn a lot with Melissa and her pregnancy.

Another reason Mia was staying with them in Texas is because when she was playing lacrosse with Wesley the day they broke up she re-injured her knee. Needless to say Brooklyn was keeping her on a tight rope until she was fully recovered. Now that she did Mia moved out to LA with me.

Now this brings us to today. I am throwing a little party for all of us to get to know each other before we go out on tour. By all of us I'm talking about my three amazing opening acts, Fifth Harmony, Little Mix, and Cher Lloyd. I also have my family out here along with my band. Cole Plante and Collins Key are coming on tour with me too but they aren't here. Cole is an awesome DJ and Collins is like the MC.

Mia and I are currently running around trying to get things in order before people began to show up. The doorbell rang.

"Demi I'm in the bathroom!" Mia yelled.

"Okay I got it!" I yelled back and ran to get the door. I pulled it open to see it was my family. We all said our hello's as they walked into my apartment.

Mia came out of the bathroom a few minutes later and greeted everyone. When I was in the kitchen I heard Maddie yell "Momma Mia!" and a lot of laughing. That's what Mads calls Mia now, ever since that day on the couch back in Texas, and the funny part is that I'm pretty sure that Mia likes it.

The doorbell rang again and I went to open it. When I pulled open the door this time I saw the four girls of Little Mix. They came in and started to mingle. Before I even had a chance to get back to what I was doing in the kitchen the doorbell rang again.

Trying to get back before the food in the oven burned I ran and whipped open the door. It was only the rest of my band so I didn't really need to say hi to them. I made my way back to the kitchen to see Mia was by the stove, pulling the tray out of the oven.

"Thank you for getting that, I was about to but the" I cut off by the doorbell ringing again.

"Doorbell, don't worry chef, the food didn't burn. I got the door this time." Mia said and left the kitchen laughing.

I got back to cooking and everything was done in a few minutes. I brought the rest of the food out to the table and saw Cher was here. After I put down the food I ran up to her.

"Cher!" I yelled. She turned around just as I pulled her into a hug.

"I missed you to Dems!" Cher said in her adorable British accent. We laughed and caught up for a few minute until the doorbell interrupted us again.

"I got it Demi!" Mia yelled.

I continued talking to Cher until I saw Mia come back into the living room with the Fifth Harmony girls and Wesley. I excused myself from Cher and went up to them saying hello. After I was done I pulled Mia aside.

"Mia what's Wesley doing here?" I asked.

"He's in town and I haven't seen him in a while, so I asked him to come." Mia said.

"Are you sure you broke up with him all those months ago?" I asked. Mia hit me playfully and I laughed.

"Yes we did break up, but he is still my best friend and I haven't seen him in a few months so I'm sorry." Mia said.

"I'm only teasing you Mia relax. Now that everybody is here I want to make a speech." I said and pulled Mia by her arm back to the living room.

When everybody was accounted for in the living room I taped my glass with a knife to quiet everybody down.

"Hi everybody I would just like to thank everybody for coming today. I want to say a few things before we got back to the party." I paused looking around the room.

"I want to thank everybody who helped make this album with me, a special thanks to Nick for bringing my crazy ideas I had for this tour to life, even though he isn't here. I want to thank the groups in advance for being willing to come out on tour with me." Before I could say anything else the doorbell rang.

I looked at Mia and she shrugged her shoulders. She turned and walked toward the door. I was about to continue when I heard Mia yell.

"WESLEY!"