[3] you're an idiot!

"A what?!? How is that even possible?" Scott frantically asked me, with a look of shocked and at the same time, horror, on his face. Before I had the chance to answer Scott's question, Derek spoke. "We're here. Come on." He pulled over a house surrounded by yellow police tape so I assumed it was Isaac's. I got out of the car, Scott hot on my tails as we followed Derek.

I stopped just in front of the door, Scott still behind me.

"What are you doing?" Scott asked, making Derek turn around and face us.

"Trying to see if I can get inside." I answered. I lifted my hand up before waving my hand inside the house to see if it would pass through. Luckily, it did.

"What was that?" Scott asked as we entered the house. I turned to him.

"Vampires can't get inside anyone's home unless we've been invited in or if the owner is dead. In this case, the house must have been listed on Isaac's father only." I answered him.

"Are we even allowed here?" I asked him as we looked around the house. Derek turned around to face me, raising his eyebrows as a response as I rolled my eyes and raised my hands defense. "Sorry I asked."

"If Isaac didn't kill his father, who did?" Scott asked as we continue to walk and look around the house. I looked into a room, which was the dining room and saw broken glass scattered on the floor.

"I don't know yet." Derek answered as he followed Scott's step. "Then how do you know he's telling the truth?" Scott asked him. "Because I trust my senses. And it's a combination of them. Not just your sense of smell." Derek said, clearly hinting that he saw what happened a while ago at practice. Scott stopped in his tracks as soon as he realized that Derek was talking about him as I smirked at Scott's reaction. "You saw the lacrosse thing today." Scott said, thrown off guard as he glanced at Derek who pursed his lips, looking at Scott intently. "Yeah." Derek answered, swiftly. "Did it look that bad?" Scott asked again. "Yeah." Derek and I simultaneously answered as he put his arm around his shoulder.

We continue to walk around the house when Derek opened a door, revealing a stairwell that leads to the basement. "What's down there?" I asked Derek as Scott and I went down the stairs. "Motive." Derek vaguely answered. "And what are we looking for?" Scott asked him as we looked around the basement. "Follow your senses" He said, following our steps. Their basement was like any other basement, dark and messy. "What happened down here?" I asked. "The kind of thing that leaves an impression." He, once again, vaguely answered. I continued to look around, trying to figure out what happened here until I saw Scott walk towards a wall, crouched down, lifted his hands, and touched the wall. I followed him and saw the walls covered with scratches. I walked over to him and followed his position as I traced my fingers on the scratch marks.

"Claws?"I asked as I looked at Scott.

"Fingernails." He answered. I looked around when something caught my sight. I stood up, and walked over to the white rectangular box. When I got closer to it, I realized that it was an unplugged freezer. I sensed Scott stand beside me as we continue to observe the old freezer. I noticed an unlocked padlock so I went and reached it but before I can remove the lock, Derek suddenly appeared with the flashlight on his hand also looking at the freezer.

"Jesus! Was that necessary? You almost gave me a heart attack." I exclaimed as I put my hand over my heart and glared at him. Derek ignored my remark and just stared at the freezer. He looked at Scott and instructed him to open it. Scott obeyed. What a nice little wolfie.

Scott removed the lock and hesitantly opened the freezer. My eyes grew wide once I saw what was inside it. There were nail marks all over the freezer, just like the one on the wall which led me to a conclusion.