t h i r t e e n | His Lie

Third Person's Point Of View
°°°
"No.. nothing..", Radhika mumbled.
"

If so then I may better fall asleep.. ", saying so Sumedh laid on the bed.
Radhika couldn't help but asked him,
" How do you feel if someone you trust lies to you?", she asked suddenly with a hint of pain.
Sumedh sat up for a while and looked deep into her eyes, trying to read her emotions but failed.
" The more important point is why is the person I trust lying to me.", came the reply as he turned away and laid down on the bed pulling the bed sheet over himself.
Radhika stared at him for a minute and then came and laid beside him, facing the wall on the opposite side as tears welled up in her eyes.
After all she couldn't deny to one fact.. there were certain unknown feelings rising inside her for this man by her side.
And that is what made the pain worse.

She shut her eyes and with time fell asleep.
She woke up around three hours later at one, not merely because of a sound but human voice. She checked the place beside her, Sumedh wasn't there.. She immediately stood up, determined to find out what Sumedh was doing with a rifle. She slowly walked out of the room, making the least noise possible. As she was about to reach the staircase she noticed the two dark figures. She immediately hid behind the large cupboard kept in the passage.
" Why on earth did you think that coming now is a good idea?! ", Sumedh said  angrily, his voice was hushed and fearless.
" Really?! You won't talk over the phone.. How do you suppose me to communicate? ", said the other man angrily but in the same hushed voice.
" I told you that I am a married man and its impossible to talk over the phone when a person us constantly around you..! Don't you have common sense? Now leave.. Look my wife is already suspicious, no wonder she must have heard you breaking that vase which I had to dispose off.. For heaven's sake, don't come here anymore. Now please leave..", he said.
" But Sumedh.. "
" Nothing! Just go..", Sumedh said in a soft but stern voice.

As the man started walking away Radhika immediately rushed towards the room but while going knocked a pen stand kept on the table.
Sumedh immediately turned back to see a black shadow rush into the room. He immediately walked into his room to find Radhika lay down with her bedsheets pulled over.

He went and shut the door.
" Radha you don't have to act anymore..", he said loud enough for Radhika to her.
She didn't move.
Sumedh sighed.
He walked up to her and removed her bedsheet. She immediately sat up.
" What is your problem?! Can't I sl-", he placed a finger on her lips as he knelt in front of her.
" I don't understand why do you have to talk so much?!", he said as he removed his finger.
" Fine then.. If you really want to know then yes... I did hear you..! I know you lied to me and believe me I don't care! I don't care! ", she said as tears welled up in her eyes as she looked away.
" Look at me.." , Sumedh said.
" I won't look at a man who is a liar, who plays with emotions! I won't! I know you have been acting ever since! You are a terrorist or something like that brother of yours! A heartless, rude and arrogant billionaire.. Aren't you that?!", she said with tears flowing down her cheeks as she looked at the window which stood to get left.
Sumedh placed his hand on her cheeks and turned her face towards his.
" Look at me.. Look into my eyes."
" Why!?", she said angrily or rather in pain.
" Do you think I'm doing something wrong? ", he asked softly holding her face forcefully towards his.
" I.. Don't.. Know..", she replied as tears flowed down his eyes.

He suddenly pulled her into a tight hug as she sat stunned for a while.
" Now listen, you have already done the worst of things possible by loving me but don't do the second worst thing by staying with me for the rest of your life.. I know I have been acting because its essential. Somethings are meant to be kept secret but believe me I'm not doing anything wrong, I swear.", he said softly.
She hugged him back, tightly.
" As of leaving you that I won't.. I can't.. I don't know, I tried so hard not to love you but it seemed that you deserved some love and I wanted to give you what you deserved even if you didn't want it.. But I have a question.. If you aren't doing anything wrong why are you hiding it?", she asked as Sumedh gulped nervously.

°°°