t e n | The Wish

Karan's Point Of View
°°°

After sometime a tall woman with long black hair and similar brown eyes as Sumedh opened the door. She was wearing a saree.

It took her a while before she actually recognized Sumedh. It had been around eight years since he had met her, all thanks to his 'beloved' father.
She immediately hugged Sumedh who couldn't be more happier in his life.

We all walked in. She had known me since I was a child. My parents had been business partners with the Singhania Group of Company and I was a really good friend of Sumedh and could never tolerate Sourav. After my parents died in a car crash Mrs. Rai Singhania kept me in the Singhania Mansion and believe me you could never have a better person than her as your mother.

After the hugging session was completed Mrs. Rai Singhania asked about the two 'beautiful' women along with us to which Sumedh answered,
" Mom, she is Radhika, my wife and she is Radhika's sister, Meghna. "
" Oh I see! I didn't know that you had such a beautiful wife. By the way, what about Karan?", she said looking at me.
" What about me, mom?", I said and yes, I called her mom but don't expect me to call the disgusting Vinod Rai Singhania dad.
" About your marriage, what else? ", she said as I turned pink.. By the way men do blush.
" Mom, I think he should marry Meghna.. Isn't it Karan?", Sumedh said mischievously as Radhika stared at the man she had known was forever shy.
" No.. Never! ", I said immediately.

" Okay.. Enough of your leg pulling Sumedh. I think you should leave or if your aunt comes to know she'd make a big issue.. I think we can meet again, tomorrow.. Now go.", mom said with a smile.
So after embracing her we left.

Thank goodness, Sumedh's aunt didn't realize where we had gone as we returned early and so we didn't have to listen to 'advice'.
All of us were back to our respective rooms.

Radhika's Point Of View
°°°

" I need to tell you something..", Sumedh said as I sat opening my earrings in front of the old design dressing table.
" Yes.. Say. ", I replied opening my right earring.
Sumedh immediately went and shut the door and windows in the room and then went and stood behind me.
" What happened.. Come on, tell me what you wanted to say.", I said struggling to open my necklace.
" May I ?", he said offering to help me with the necklace.
I looked at him startled for a while and then agreed.

He slowly started opening the necklace while he begun,
" Radha you have really done a lot for me.. I don't think I would ever have the guts to go and meet my mother without informing anyone...", he kept the opened necklace on the dressing table and rested his hands on my shoulders.
" I would like to thank you for taking me, I know this may sound absurd to you but its the truth. I know I'm no body great but if I could be of any help to you then don't be hesitant and ask me for it. I'll give anything you want from me if you ask.", saying so he turned when his hand was held back by me as I stood up.
" So you want to give me something.. Is it? ", I said as an idea started forming in my head.
He turned and said,
" Yes, anything. "
I edged closer to him giving him goosebumps.
I said,
" I want you to become my dream prince."
" How do I become your dream prince? ", Sumedh asked confused.
I came closer to him but he didn't feel uncomfortable any more.

" Why? Can't you act? I'll tell you how my dream prince is and you will dress up and be like him, behave like him for the rest of our stay at Calcutta... What say? ", she said with a mischievous glint in her eyes.

Sumedh sighed and then looking up with a small smile.
"Of course."

°°°