31: Spare Time In San Diego

The time was around 7pm when we all got checked in and into our rooms. Chris and I bought dinner for everyone and had it delivered to the room. Then we called the concierge and asked them to send up a masseuse to give us both a massage. We weren't planning to have sex with this one. It just felt like... well, I guess we liked the way we thought it made us look! You know... like high rollers! Too cool! Hehe... Come on! We were just 20! Quit laughing... It did!

A few hours later, well massaged, well sexed, (It was just the two of us.) and freshly showered, we decided we wanted to do something different! So we pulled out the yellow pages. Neither of us had ever been to a porno theater!

At first we didn't know how to find one. I mean, really, what category does one search for a porno theater? It turns out, it was in the theater section! It didn't specify, but it was called "Kit Kat Theater" so we guessed. Then we gave them a call.

"Hello? Is this the Kit Kat theater?"

"Yes it is."

"Are you a porno theater?"

"Yes, we show adult films here."

"Oh good. My girlfriend and I want to come see a movie there but we want to know if its safe."

"What do you mean, safe?"

"Well, it's 2am and we're two women... Will we be safe there?"

"Oooh sure. We have people who'll look after you."

"Oh... Okay thanks. We'll see you in 15 minutes."

We arrived at the theater and as we were walking toward the entrance, we saw a few guys hanging out by the door. One of them was tall, wearing glasses, holy jeans, a tee shirt, and sporting a blonde afro. As we walked passed them, he said,

"You must be the girls I'm supposed to look out for. My name is Blaine."

We said hello and went with him inside.

I was surprised to find that it was an adult video and novelty store as well as a theater. The sales counter was long and paralleled the back wall. On either side of it were the entrances to the theater.

We said hello to the manager who was behind the counter at the register and went to pay for our movie tickets. He suggested that we wait about 20 minutes because the movie playing at that time was almost over and that afterward, the theater would be closed for 10 more minutes for cleaning. So we said that would be fine and browsed the store while we waited. Half the shop was dedicated to video sales and rentals. The other half was a mix of sex toys and enhancers, magazines, and various sexual products. The glass sales counter contained head shop paraphernalia.

While we browsed, Blaine walked along with us and told us what we could expect inside the theater.

"Okay! The first thing you need to know is you can ignore the 'No Smoking' signs. Smoke if you want to. The rules are - pretty much, anything goes as long as you dont get caught by vise - and vice never comes after 2am."

"You mean, almost never." I said.

Blaine stopped and looked me straight in the eyes, and very seriously said, "No. Never."

I noticed a video that a close friend of mine was in and pointed it out to Chris. I had a few friends who were in the adult film industry. Nina Alexander was one of the most successful. In fact, she is one of the few friends that called me Bunny! Haha! Still would!

As we walked into the theater, Blaine went on,

"There's all kinds of people here. Men are here by themselves. Sometimes women too. There's straight couples, gay couples, people who come to hook up. If someone approaches you, don't worry about it. If you're not interested, just say so. Mostly, people are pretty cool. If they aren't, I'll be sitting close by."

Then he walked away. We took a seat in the center of the theater, next to the aisle. Blaine went to sit next to the opposite aisle, one row ahead of us. The lights dimmed and the movie started.

Let me just say that seeing a penis on the big screen is something I will never forget! You know what they say... There's the time before you see it, and there's after... And you can never go back! The credits were still rolling when I said to Chris, "Does it feel like everyone is staring it us?"

"A bit, yeah."

"That guy down there just waved at me."

"Don't respond!"

"Oh, I just did."

"What'd you do?"

"Um... I waved back."

The whole time we stared straight ahead. Careful not to turn our heads so as not to catch anyone's eye.

We were pretty uncomfortable but tried to ease it by cracking jokes to each other about the movie. Just then I saw the man who had waved to me stand up and walk out of the theater. Then he walked in the other door, down the aisle and kneeled down next to Blaine. Less than a minute later, he got up and went back to his seat. Blaine got up and walked down one row back. He sat down behind us, leaned forward and put his arms around our shoulders and said,

"Okay, it's starting already."

Still looking straight ahead, we both said, "What's started?"

"Well, there's a couple over there who'd like to know if, rather than watching the movie, you'd like to go with them into one of the private rooms and watch them!?"

...

...

Chris and I looked at each other and, sort of under our breath, we said, "watch the movie... Or watch in person. Hmmm..." as both our grins grew wider.

"Well... I don't see how we can pass this up!" Chris said, as we got up and walked out of the theater.