10: Summer Games 1984

Summer of '84 we had the Olympics in Los Angeles. My sister and I had gotten tickets to go to a few of the events at the Coliseum. There were two boys there working as ushers. They were best friends and had come to Los Angeles from Pennsylvania to work at the Olympics. We started chatting with them and made plans to meet at the end of their shift to show them around town.

Since we were in LA - my stomping grounds - we decided to show them a bit of the 'strange' side of LA. We went to a dinner theater in the valley called Queen Mary's where they had an amazing drag show. By amazing, I mean the performers were not only talented dancers and lip syncing pro's, but they were deceptively beautiful! So beautiful, in fact, that one of our new friends started to get very uncomfortable when he found himself physically turned on by the performers on stage. Uncomfortable may be a bit of an understatement, actually. Completely freaking out is what it looked like to me! I'm guessing it didn't matter that we told him it was okay to feel that way. That they really were beautiful and looked like women. He knew in his head that they were men... and that, I'm pretty sure, just was not okay with him!

We couldn't get out of there fast enough! It seemed like he was thinking that the further away we got, the better the chance was that he'd be able to forget it ever happened.

I felt a little bad for having put the guy through all that. I hadn't intended to upset him. Perhaps I had forgotten that what I saw all the time - and was largely what I loved about 'Hollyweird' - was clearly not for everybody! My sister must have felt equally bad because she told some of her friends about it and they decided it was up to them to make sure those boys didn't leave California without first being shown how much fun it can be... in particular - how much fun California Girls can be!

So... they gave them an orgy. (God, my sister's gonna kill me for writing this!) I wasn't there but I think it's fair to say that the boys went back to Philadelphia with a new appreciation for California and the girls who live here!

Not long after, I saw a card my sister had on her desk from one of the boys. On the cover was a picture of a four poster bed in the middle of a basketball court. There were clothes strewn all over the court and on the bed were sleeping bodies, all intertwined, amidst the pillows and sheets. The inside of the card read "Summer Games 1984".

The following year I flew with my sister to Newark, New Jersey where we rented a car and drove to all the Ivy league schools from Dartmouth to Princeton. It was time for my sister to pick a college. We made one detour by way of Penn State. One of our Olympic friends went to school there. The other drove up to meet us. We had planned to stay the night so when it was time to go to bed, my sister, who had developed a pen pal relationship over the previous year with the boy who lived there, went with him to his room. That left Keith and I standing in the hallway with some sheets and blankets in our arms and directions to where the sofa bed was in the living room.

Keith was well over 6 ft tall and had hair that reminded me of David Cassidy's in The Partridge Family. He was cute looking. Tall and gangly with an innocent - no, not innocent but... maybe inexperienced - look about him except for a sparkle in his eye that had Dennis the Menace written all over it.

He looked down at me smiling, and said "Are we going to do fun things tonight?" (There was that sparkle!)

Its funny because until just then, I hadn't even thought of it! But, the way he asked it, and knowing what his thoughts were regarding the girls in California, I found him pretty adorable! Besides, I didn't want to stomp all over his fantasy.

"Yep! Definitely!" I said.

I've have rarely, if ever, laughed as much during sex as I did that night! We knew we would probably never see each other again! No worries about looking right or moving right or making the right noises. No wondering if he would call or if I should call him.

We spent that night trying every position we could think of and laughing our asses off! It was like, "Wait, wait I've always wanted to try this!" and " Okay, now you put your other leg here..." and "now... yeah! No... wait, can you put your - no... okay wait. Do a head stand...now grab my ankle with... no with your other hand..."

We couldn't catch our breath from laughing so much.

I left there the next morning with carpet burn and the knowledge that I would not forget him. I expect he won't forget me either. Thank you for that Keith.