7: Red

My best friend and business partner, Morgan, introduced me to Red. We called her Red for two reasons: Her hair was that perfect Ann Margret color red. Also because her real name was... pausing for dramatic affect.... Sarina! Uh huh! Apparently I was on a mission to find all the Sarina's in the world.

I knew she thought I was cute. Short hair, Creepers, bondage pants and a black leather jacket. I looked a lot like a teenage boy! It probably didn't hurt that I drove a Porsche Targa! I was 18, she was 23. Milky white skin with no freckles, she wore fishnet stockings and corset's for tops.  She was beautiful! Unfortunately, she was at the tail end of a bad relationship and, although her girlfriend wasn't around, she had not yet ended it. I'm sure my friend Morgan was hoping I would be the catalyst that would help Sarina break free.

I was smitten the moment I saw her. She kept saying she was in a relationship but that couldn't have mattered less to me! From my experience, when it came to women I only knew what I'd seen - a relationship meant that if I wanted to be with Sarina, there was a good chance that sometimes her girlfriend would be there too! That didn't matter! As long as I could be with her!

So, one day while hanging out at Morgan's house, Red picked up a set of handcuffs that decorated Morgan's dashboard and put them on one wrist before either of us could warn her not to! We had no key! Now, Morgan, being my best bud and knowing how much I wanted her, very seriously explained that the only way to get the cuffs off was to go with me to my parents' house where my dad had a special tool to get them off. Then she gave me a wink and a nudge in the ribs. Red sighed deeply as if to say "ah fuck!" then said "Okay, let's go." Morgan, with a Cheshire grin, and a quiet giggle like someone was tickling her, whispered close to my ear, "You owe me!!" and waved goodbye as we got in my car and left.

It's true that I would've done anything to get to take Red home with me but - not if she didn't want to! So, although it felt like I was shooting myself in the foot, once we were driving I said, "Look, Morgan's my bud and is trying to help me out,

but the truth is all we need to do is find a cop and he can unlock those... You know I was holding my breath and wishing that she'd say, "That's okay. We can go to your house." ... but she didn't. Thud!!

So, from Thousand Oaks we drove to Van Nuys Police Station. I went in - she was too embarrassed. I said, "Excuse me! My friend is in the car with handcuffs stuck on her wrist & we don't have a key. Would you mind coming outside with me to unlock them?" That was pretty embarrassing but guess what! Apparently there is a difference between novelty cuffs and the real deal! They don't use the same key! So, the cop tried but with no luck - so we left. After a minute of silence, I said "Well let's go find a hammer and a screwdriver. I'll get them off with that." Naturally, when she opted that I take her home to her house rather than mine, I was disappointed but... what could I do? - So we drove to her parent's house in Canyon Country.

It's 3am, I'm wearing bondage pants and I'm chiseling away at Red's wrist in the garage... That's when her mom walked in! She surveyed the scene as I was being introduced and rather than saying something about the noise or any other obvious topics, that wonderful woman smiled and said "Sarina - you can't let her drive home at this hour. Give her something to sleep in." And even though Red didn't seem to be overflowing with excitement, it didn't matter a damn! I was there with her!

Honestly, I never expected anything to happen besides another chance to steal a kiss before getting to lie down with her in her bed. She gave me a pair of shorts and a tank to sleep in and I climbed into bed beside her. Confident that she wouldn't change her routine, I rolled over to kiss her. She would kiss me back for a second then push me away like she always did. I would roll back over and go to sleep... smiling... But she didn't push me away! Oh my God!

So - here's the thing - I'd only been with one woman before (other than the orgies in Long Beach which didn't count!) And that woman hadn't ever been with another woman either! So how did I know if what we'd been doing was right?! Right?! Anyway, I'm kissing this beauty and ... she doesn't stop me! OMG! I put my hand to her face... still she doesn't stop me! I'm thinking -

"Oh no! I made the first move - it's up to me to make the next!"

I start to move my hand down her body but as I start to feel the curve of her waist, my breath hitches and I move my hand back to her face. I was so scared!! Then this amazing and beautiful woman put her hand on top of my hand and as she guided my hand back down her body she whispered, "Don't be afraid." In response, I heard myself say in a shaky voice, "Just tell me what to do." As she sat up above me and pulled my clothes off, she said, "I'll show you..."

To this day, that night remains in my memory as - Perfect... and the sun came through the bedroom window before we slept.

The next day she sent me home and I knew it would be a long time before I'd see her again. I would never forget the night before. Even now, I still remember it like a fantasy, and Red - my fantasy girl - became the standard from which I would measure all other women against for years to come.