👶🏻 Eight: Bug Bite 👶🏻

It was nine in the evening and you were currently getting Shuuji ready for bed.

"Alright, you're all set!" you smiled down at your baby boy after getting him into his cat pajamas, admiring your handiwork as well as your son's adorableness.

Shuuji beamed at you before turning around to look at his father who was sitting in a nearby chair reading his favorite book on suicides. "Da... Daddy!"

This made Dazai glance up from his book and his lips curled into an endearing grin upon seeing his son. "My, my, well, don't you look incredibly cute, Shuuji!"

Your son giggled at his father's enthusiasm and clapped his tiny hands. "Cu... cute! Cute! Shuuji... cute!"

You couldn't help but let out a chuckle at the tooth-rotting sweetness of the moment.

"Yes, yes, you are very cute, Shuuji, but it's time for bed!" you said as you scooped the little boy into your arms and carried him to his bed.

Carefully placing him down on his bed, you knelt next to it, grabbed the blanket and pulled it up to rest just below his chin. He giggled again when you placed a kiss on his forehead.

"Goodnight, Shuuji. Mommy loves you." you whispered. You were about to get up and head out of the room with your husband when you suddenly hear your son speak up.

"Mo... mommy! What... what that!" he cried, pointing to your neck.

At first, you were confused by his abrupt words, but you immediately realized what he was talking about once you looked down. Located right below your collarbone, there was an angry-red hickey marring your otherwise flawless skin. It was a prominent result of your late-night activity with your husband from the night before. Blood instantly flooded to your cheeks, turning your entire face crimson as the intimate images returned to your mind. However, even in your embarrassed state, Dazai's suddenly tense figure beside you didn't go unnoticed.

Without warning, you shot him a blood-chilling glare that made him tremble vaguely in response. It was only a few moments later did you remember that your son was still staring at you with curious eyes and waiting patiently for a reply to his unanswered question.

"Oh, this... um... it's... it's just a bug bite, sweetie," you said with a weak smile and laugh. "It's nothing to worry about."

Shuuji grimaced. "Ew, buggie! Shuuji ha... hate... buggie!"

"Mommy does too, Shuuji," you murmured in an incredulously innocent tone to your son while you shot daggers at your husband. "Mommy does too..."

"B-bug..." Dazai mumbled quietly to himself. "I'm being... compared to a b-bug..."