Chapter Three

Dawn scrubbed her skin red, trying to remove all traces of that evening

Dawn scrubbed her skin red, trying to remove all traces of that evening. She stayed in the shower until the water had become ice cold. Finally, she step out the shower, grabbing a towel to cover her shivering body. Her body was numb but her mind was awake with millions of thoughts. She tossed her clothes straight into the dustbin, never wanting to be reminded of the evening's events.

Dawn got dressed and jumped into bed, knowing fully well that she would be getting little to no sleep tonight. Just when she had slipped into a false sense of safety, a debt collector had appeared. He had tracked her down so well, that she knew there was no hope in running, as she thought of the completely new fake identity she had waiting for her in a bag under her bed, along with a few essential items. His men would grab her again and she would most likely end up dead or worse.

Cameron Sinclair was no a man she wished to cross but she needed to escape his clutches by paying her father's debt. She should've been mourning the news of his death but honestly he had just been an man who lived in the same space as her. He would sell anything he could get his hands on to satisfy his gambling urges and had even had thoughts of selling her but Dawn had escaped and hoped to never cross paths with him. Yet, her past had come back to haunt her and she was cornered this time, with no signs of escaping.

Her thoughts plagued her until the early hours of the morning, where she drifted off to sleep. Her alarm woke her from her restless slumber, she reached to switch it off, but found it wasn't where she usually kept it. She shot up in bed, searching for her phone. Yesterday, when she had been kidnapped, they had removed her bag and phone from her. She thought they had destroyed it or left it when they had taken her and not returned it when Sin had dropped her off.

Dawn gasped. She found her bag and phone a few meters away from her bed. That meant that they had come in and out of her place without being detected. It highlighted how vulnerable she was with a clear warning. She phone case had a black card sticking out of it. Switching off her alarm, she turned her attention to the card. In fine white ink was printed a figure, a figure she had already calculated. The first installment she needed to pay. The sun has barely risen and the game had begun.

Dawn put on an act of normalcy. She wouldn't let Sin know how much his actions affected her, he would just use it against her to inject more fear into her veins. She did her daily routine, ordered coffee for collection and made her way to work like it was an ordinary day in Dawn Miller's life. Except, the hairs on the back of her neck constantly stood, her instinct told her to run and the her muscles were tense.

She dressed with care, to cover up the marks on her wrists after she had cleaned them. She kept her calm and collected facade as she walked into work. The sleek and modern building had a theme of red, black and white, giving the effect of sleek and stylish, just like the owner. Dawn left the lift and got straight to work. She put the coffee on Her Majesty's desk and checked everything in her office was set, before returning to her own desk outside, where she checked if she had any important tasks left for her since last night.