CHAPTER SIXTEEN: STOLE MY HEART

(I know Liam's birthday is in August and it doesn't fits right on the time line knowing September is the usual beginning of school but please bear with me, let us just pretend, this is after all a fiction)

Hayden's POV

As Liam's birthday approached, the Payne mansion underwent a transformation, adorned with an air of festivity and splendor that matched the occasion. From the moment guests arrived at the gates, they were greeted by a spectacle of lights and decorations that signaled the start of a truly memorable celebration.

The driveway leading up to the mansion was lined with twinkling fairy lights, casting a soft, ethereal glow that illuminated the path ahead. Colorful banners fluttered in the breeze, bearing Liam's name in elegant script and adding a touch of whimsy to the scene.

Approaching the grand entrance, guests were met with a breathtaking display of floral arrangements adorning the doorstep, each bouquet carefully curated to showcase a vibrant palette of colors and textures. Fragrant blooms filled the air with their sweet perfume, creating an enchanting ambiance that set the stage for the festivities to come.

Stepping into the foyer, guests were transported into a world of luxury and opulence, where every corner was adorned with lavish decorations fit for a birthday celebration of epic proportions. A towering birthday cake took center stage, a masterpiece of culinary artistry adorned with intricate frosting designs and shimmering edible accents that sparkled in the soft glow of candlelight.

Throughout the mansion, every room was adorned with touches of extravagance and flair. In the living room, cozy seating areas were arranged around crackling fireplaces, where guests could mingle and enjoy the warmth of the flames while sipping on champagne and indulging in delectable hors d'oeuvres.

The dining room was transformed into a banquet hall fit for royalty, with long tables draped in luxurious linens and adorned with elaborate centerpieces bursting with fresh flowers and foliage. Crystal chandeliers overhead cast a warm, golden light, casting a romantic ambiance over the room as guests savored a decadent feast prepared by the mansion's talented chefs.

Outside, the mansion's grounds were alive with activity, with music filling the air and laughter echoing across the expansive lawn. A spacious marquee had been erected on the lawn, where guests could dance the night away under the stars, surrounded by twinkling lights and the sound of live music.

In the center of the Payne mansion's grand lawn, a small stage had been erected, standing about three feet high. Upon it, a live band played soulful R&B tunes, their melodies weaving through the air and setting the mood for the evening's festivities. The musicians, dressed in stylish attire, moved to the rhythm of their instruments, their passion evident in every note they played.

Waiters dressed in elegant uniforms moved gracefully through the crowd, their trays laden with trays of drinks. For the adults, there were flutes of champagne, bubbling and effervescent, adding a touch of sophistication to the affair. Meanwhile, for the younger guests and those who preferred non-alcoholic options, there were glasses of freshly squeezed juices, vibrant and refreshing against the backdrop of the evening sky.

The party was unofficially divided into three groups.

Inside the house, the first group comprised the business partners of the Payne family, individuals whose presence denoted power, influence, and prestige. Despite the celebratory atmosphere of Liam's birthday party, Some attendees saw the occasion as an opportune moment to advance their business interests, subtly weaving discussions of potential partnerships and collaborations into the festivities. For them, the party served as an opportunity to network and negotiate, blending business with pleasure in a seamless dance of diplomacy and social grace.