CHAPTER FIVE: TORN

**flashback**

"She's back...." I told her in an almost whisper but enough for her to hear

Dani's eyes widened pulling her hand from me I feel her tense.

but I didn't let go of her hand instead I hold on into it tighter I don't need to literally say "HER" name because she already knows who I am talking about she had been hearing about her for five years now And I'm glad she never get tired of me talking about her

"She had an accident, her parents died on the crash and she was in coma for five years..."

I relay to her summing the story up to its main details

"Is she okay now? How is she? Where is she now?" she fired the question one after the other

"She's fine she just wake up from the hospital two weeks ago and she's in our flat with Zayn"

"L..L..Liam... i... I don't know what to say..." she stutters

I tighten the grip on her hand

"Dani......." she looked up back to me "If I......asked for my freedom...... Would you give it to me?"

She looked up to me with a worried eye and I can see the sadness in her expression.

But...she nodded. And I can see a tear forming on the corner of her eyes.

"I know how much you love her...." she whispered

I kissed her on her forehead making her cry even more.

"I still love her Danielle... I love her so much..." I saw her squeeze her eyes shut

"It "I still love her, Danielle... I love her so much..." I admitted, watching as she squeezed her eyes shut.

"It hurts me so much to see her every day but not be able to touch her," I continued, holding her hand tightly.

"I'm so glad that she's safe and alright, but I feel so sad for her losing her parents. I know it's not easy, and it means everything to her. She already missed them so much when they were alive, and now that they're completely gone..." I trailed off, noticing that she was still listening intently.

"I'm so confused, you know? I can't even explain myself," I muttered, sighing in frustration.

"But I love you too, Dani. Maybe as much as I love Hayden... or maybe more," I admitted, hoping she would understand the depth of my feelings.

"W...wh...what?" Dani's head jolted up in surprise.

I smiled softly. "I love you... you heard me right," I repeated more distinctly this time.

"Can I ask you to bear with me for a while? She's too important to me, and I can't just leave her like that, especially when she's just come back and with everything that's happening in her life. But I don't want to lose you too."

"Liam, you don't have to choose. I'd completely understand if you want to be with her," Dani reassured me.

"It's not just about being with her; it's about us. I want you, Dani. I choose you," I declared, hoping she would see my sincerity.

There was a moment of silence as Dani processed my words.

"Give me time to tell her about you. I don't want to throw this all at her with everything that's been going on," I requested, hoping she would agree.