Chapter 12

Oliver's POV

The whole time I just lay there, knowing fighting would be useless as I closed my eyes and tried to outthink the blinding pain that James and Dean inflicted on me every single moment I was strapped to that table.

All I could think about was Daniel.

My boyfriend. My ex boyfriend..? What were we now?

My thoughts were cut short by James freeing me from my restraints. With my eye that wasn't covered by a bandage, I glanced down at my body to see the entrance site of the bullet now had a large gauze over it, I rolled my eye as I grabbed the t-shirt that James held out to me and slipped it on.

"A thank you would've been nice. We just saved your life." James chuckled.

"Thank you..." I whispered in a monotone voice as I shakily stood up, Dean quickly rushing to my side to help me up. I gave him a weak smile as I took his hand, holding on tightly to keep my balance.

James quickly changed out of his scrubs, taking over from Dean and dragging me behind him.

"I'll be back in a minute sweetie!" James called as he locked the door behind him.

He immediately pinned me up against the wall with a glare, his hands wrapping around my throat.

"Now you know what happens when you don't follow my orders, huh?" He snarled at me as his grip tightened, causing me to gasp for air.

"Y-Yes sir!" I managed to choke out.

"Good. Do that again and you'll end up six feet underground." He smirked at me. "Just like your brother."

I narrowed my eyes at him, managing to shove him off me before panting to catch my breath.

"I told you. I'd never betray you like he did." I glared at him.

James' smirk widened.

"Good... We need Daniel alive, remember sweetie?" He suddenly switched to a sweet smile before gently pulling me into a soft kiss.

I felt my cheeks turn red at the feeling of his lips against mine.

The way he kissed me always had me intoxicated, willing to do anything he told me to no matter what. Just the way his lips linger over mine just for a second before he leans in, the way he cups my face and gently caresses my cheek with his thumb... Everything just feels so incredible whenever he kisses me.

He eventually pulled away from the kiss, wiping his mouth with the hem of his shirt.

I bit my lip at the way he lifted up the fabric just enough to give me a glimpse of his toned abs, finding myself longing to reach out and trace my fingers over them.

James chuckled as he ruffled my hair.

"Don't stare at me like I'm a piece of meat." He rolled his eyes. "Go make yourself useful while I take care of the problem in there." He chuckled as he nodded towards the room he'd locked Dean in.

I gave him a small smile.

"Yes sir... Thank you for patching me up..." I said, earning myself a grin that made my heart flutter.

"No problem gorgeous. Take it easy, okay? I can't have my best assistant hurting himself even more, hm?" James said sweetly as he kissed my cheek.

"Yes sir." I smiled back before leaving him to deal with Dean.

I found myself immediately heading to Daniel's room, feet moving despite me not telling them to.

I pulled on the door, not even bothering to knock and frowning to myself when I realised it was locked. I sighed to myself as I pulled my keys out, flipping through them before finding the one to our bedroom and unlocking the door. I pulled it open and stepped inside, only to be met by Daniel cowering in the corner, now free from the ropes on the bed.

"P-Please... Don't h-hurt me..." He whimpered as tears rolled down his cheeks, clutching his knees to his chest as he trembled.

I sighed, pulling the blanket off the bed before wrapping it around Daniel's shoulders and kissing his forehead, earning myself a glare from him.

"Just leave me alone..." He said, his voice sounding completely empty in contrast to the fear that was in it a few seconds ago.

I felt my heart sink a little at the words as I averted my gaze to the ground, staying silent and completely unsure of what to say.

I felt bad.

I felt bad that seeing Daniel in this state didn't make me feel anything.

Guilt. Shame. Remorse.

Nothing...

If anything I was... Glad..?

Glad that I could avenge Lucas. Glad that the boy who made him betray James was suffering.

"It's your fault... You know..?" Daniel muttered, glaring at me again. "It's all your fault that I'm here! Not James'! Yours!" He snarled.

I just smirked at him.

"Oh? Then tell me... If it's all my fault, why are you still in love with me..?" I asked, chuckling as I watched his face turn to a blank expression again.

"I thought you were different... I thought you were like Lucas! I-"

"Lucas is dead, Daniel. You killed him." I cut him off with a smirk.

"No. James killed him." Daniel rolled his eyes as he wrapped the blanket around himself tighter. I shook my head in response.

"Maybe. But answer me this. Who was the one that made him betray James? Who was the pathetic little whore that made James have to shoot him?" I laughed as the tears began to slip down Daniel's face again.

"He didn't even love you. He used to tell me how he was just waiting for the right moment to leave you so he could be with someone so much better..."

Daniel's eyes widened.

"Y-You're lying!" He screamed at me. "Lucas wouldn't say that! He loved me!"

"If he loved you, then why did he leave you? Why didn't he fight harder to stay alive for you?" I giggled, watching what seemed to be pain in Daniel's face before he began to sob into his hands.

"W-What makes you t-think you know m-my boyfriend b-better than I do?!" He choked out.

I smirked as I knelt in front of him, pushing his hands away before placing two fingers under his chin and tilting his head so he was looking into my eyes.

"I think I know my own brother better than you do."