Chapter 5

Oliver's POV

I quickly closed the door, watching them through the window to make sure they were gone before I made my way up to the bedroom.

Inside, Daniel was lying on the bed, his arms and legs bound to the frame with a gag in his mouth to keep him from shouting for help. James was sat beside him on the bed, tracing his fingers over the excessively bleeding cut on Daniel's face.

"Who was it?" James asked, not looking away from Daniel, who was desperately trying to pull his head away from his touch.

"Jack and Dean, they're looking for him."

I watched Daniel snap his head up at the mention of their names and begin tugging harshly on his restraints.

I winced as James hit him in the face, causing him to let out a whine of pain.

"What did you tell them?" He asked, his eyes blazing with hatred.

"I just told them that I hadn't seen him." I said, showing no emotion.

"Did they seem suspicious?"

"I heard them mention something about you but I didn't catch it."

James sighed.

"Keep an eye on him. I'll be back in a minute." He said, standing up and walking out the room.

I sat down on the edge of the bed, avoiding eye contact with Daniel.

He nudged me with his leg.

I glared at him.

"What do you want?!"

He let out a small sigh, turning his head away from me.

I frowned.

"Daniel, look, I'm sorry okay? But I had to do this."

He didn't move.

I sighed, reaching behind his head and removing the gag. He stared at me.

"Why did you do that? Won't you get into trouble?"

I shrugged.

We stared at each other in silence for a while before Daniel spoke.

"Why..?"

"Why what?"

"Why did you do this?"

I shook my head.

"I'm not allowed to say."

He sighed, turning his head away from me.

"Did you ever love me?" He whispered, barely audible.

"I-" I was cut off by James' footsteps moving towards the door. I quickly placed the gag in him mouth, fastening it tightly.

The door burst open, revealing a smug looking James. I frowned.

"What did you do?"