Chapter 9

Daniel's POV

I lay on the bed, slipping in and out of consciousness. Only briefly having moments to gather my thoughts.

All this time Oliver never loved me. He only wanted me so that James could get closer to my brother again.

I shuddered at the thought of what he would do if me managed to get him.

I tugged on the rope binding my hands to the bed, trying everything to free myself.

The door suddenly swung open and in walked Oliver.

"Dan? Are you okay?"

I ignored him.

"Dan, I'm sorry okay?! I never wanted any of this to happen!"

James suddenly appeared behind him.

"Wanted what to happen!?" He hissed, startling Oliver.

"I-I- We never- He-"

James slapped him hard across the face.

"Don't tell me you've become a traitor too! You know what happens to them, don't you?"

"No! I'd never betray you! I'm sorry!"

"Prove it."

"W-What??"

"Prove that you'll never betray me."

Oliver frowned.

"How?"

James handed him a small blade.

"Use your imagination."

Oliver stared down at the small metallic object in his hand before delicately pinching it between his fingers and pulling his sleeve up. James folded his arms and watched as Oliver pressed the blade to his skin and pulled it along the length of his arm, blood instantly draining out of the cut.

Oliver smiled up at him, seeming proud of himself.

James shook his head.

"Not you! Him!" He pointed at me.

Oliver stared at him, frozen to the spot.

"What? If you're not gonna do it then-"

"No! I will!"

James smirked, watching as Oliver slowly walked towards me and sat down on the bed. He lightly placed his hand on my arm to keep it still as he pressed the blade against the flesh.

"I'm sorry." He whispered, pulling it along my arm. I let out a howl of pain, desperately trying to pull my arm away but unable to due to the rope binding my hands to the bed. Oliver's eyes were filled with tears as he pulled the blade away, only to place it on the fresh cut and press down harder than before as he dragged it along the length of my arm again. I screamed as the blood poured out, spilling onto the bedsheets.

Oliver stood up and wiped away his tears before facing James again, handing him the blade back. James smirked, taking the blade from him and holding it between his fingers, examining it. His expression changed suddenly from one of pride, to hatred. He suddenly struck Oliver hard across the face, causing him to fall onto the ground, clutching his face and screaming. I was confused as to why he was making such a big deal of it until I realised...

He hit him with the blade...

"Don't make the same mistake again. Don't betray me like that prick did." James spat at him, kicking him hard in the ribs.