Chapter 23: Practice Sessions

Start from the beginning

The three smelt the same except for the third one. The third one smelt so icky.

“The third one isn’t good.” I said.

“Then eliminate it.” Mrs. Flinston said.

Then I tried smelling the other three again. To be honest it really does smell the same.

Chace picked the last one as the finest while Blake chose the second one and Drew, same as me, chose three.

“The correct answer is the second one.” Mrs. Flinston said. “Blake, what did that lettuce differ from the others?”

“It smelt fresher and the texture is also different from the others. When I twitched it, I could hear the fresh crack inside.” Blake explained.

“Not only does smell is required in baking, but also the texture of the food. Now let’s try again.”

After trying the tomato, milk, brands of sugars and honeys, it was time for the next lesson.

We went back to the blue house and I noticed Mrs. Flinston getting different jars from the closet and told us to go in pairs.

“No wait, I’ll choose the pairs.” Mrs. Flinston said. “Drew and Blake. Chace and Lauren.”

What?

Chace is my pair?

I don’t know why but my heart’s going thump thump thump!

We positioned in our places and Chace blindfolded me.

“This time, you will be tasting ingredients in baking and you must tell your partner what it is.”

“Ah.” Chace said.

I suddenly laughed and opened my mouth.

Hm, it’s hard. Ah!

“Nuts.” I said.

“Yeah, next.”

“Ah.”

I giggled.

“Stop laughing.”

“Why?”

“Just stop.”

“Why?”

“You’re getting annoying.”

I laughed again then opened my mouth.

Soft, but not too soft, sweet, very. Ah!

“Raisins.”

Then he touched his fingers with my lips then my heart suddenly beat so fast!

“Hey!” I said.

Then he used his finger to open my mouth and put the next thing in it.

This guy, I wish I could kill him!

“You could have just said ah.” I said.

“You’ll laugh.”

What’s this? It’s so small! It’s powder..But what powder?

“Can I try again?” I asked him.

He puts another one in my mouth and I couldn’t determine the taste again!

“What is it?” I asked.

“Coffee powder.” He said.

“Seriously?!” I said.

After that, Mrs. Flinston announced that it was time for the other one to be blindfolded and Mrs. Flinston changed the jars content.

I fed him this time with the brown sugar.

I poked the spoon at his mouth then he opened it.

“Mm. Brown sugar.”

“Wow, you’re good.” I said. If I was him, I think I would have answered white sugar since for me they have the same taste.

“Next.” I said then held up the spoon since he was so tall.

My finger accidentally bumped to his lips when he ate the crumps of the cookie.

I suddenly felt the electricity through my fingers and it made me realize how red was his lips..

Wait, what am I thinking?! I sound like an autistic stalker!

“Mm, crumps..crumps of..uhm.”

It took us about ten seconds before he said his answer. “Cookies?”

“Yeah. Next.”

“Mm, cream powder?”

“Yeah, you’re really good at this.” I said.

“I am.” He smirked.

Since we were a bit faster than Drew and Blake, I decided to ask something that’s been bugging me.

“Chace, why did you decide to be home schooled?” Even though I know he won’t tell me, I just want to ask. I was hoping he would tell me..He keeps everything to himself that leaves me hanging all the time.

He took a deep breath in and finally said, “Mace told Mrs. Flinston I just punched him for no reason then Mrs. Flinston couldn’t differentiate who was telling the truth and who was lying so I just decided to do that for the sake of the incident to just die down. That’s it.”

He told me.. Does it mean he finally trusts me?

“But to me, this issue isn’t that big so don’t think too much that I’ll tell you other stuffs.” Then he went to sit down on the couch.

I sighed.

Cold as ever. I’m sure that won’t change but this time, it kind of hurts..

“Now guys, seat down and I’ll be explaining some things.” Mrs. Flinston said.

We all sat down at the couch.

“Who got mistakes a while ago?”

Drew, Blake and I raised our hands.

“What were your mistakes?”

“The coffee powder.” I said.

“Same as Lauren’s.” Drew said.

“The cream powder.” Blake said.

“You see what you three have in common? Powder. Powder’s are very hard to figure out. But remember, whenever the taste is smooth and crumbled, that’s the powder. Here’s a list of powders you should study and try tasting it so that you could mix it when you are baking something to add flavours.”

The list is pretty long but I honestly found this topic pretty interesting so I think I’ll study this later at the equipment laboratory.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Aw, this chapter is kinda boring. But don't worry! The next is pretty interesting! :D 

Spoilers: They're going on vacation :"> 

HIHIHI. PLEASE KEEP ON READING! Plus, click the vote button if you like the story. That will really make my day!:D And thank you so much for the 5k reads! You really made my day guys:"> 

-SmileyKari☻