I Didn't Know You Were 600 Years Old??

Circa 2010~

I found Justin in the graveyard, tilted over his own tombstone.

'WAIT-WHAT- Justin, WTF WHY do you have tombstone and why is it dated from 1851-1902'

"It doesn't matter, y r u here, shouldn't you be w ur mutt instead??"

"ACTUALLY JUSTIN!??? ANSWER MY QUESTION, WHY DOES YOUR TOMBSTONE SAY 1851-1902, THAT MUST MEAN YOU MUST BE LIKE 600 YEARS OLD"

Justin smirked.

"You were always adorable being bad at maths. I've been dead since 1902, so 108 years."

"Yeh but that means you were still like 50 when u died"

"Ye."

....

"So why are you hear again????" he asked

"I came to find you, I'm Zayn's mate, did you know this???"

"I mean it was obvious babe, the way he looked at you- like he was a man starved. You know you don't have to be with him."

"I am so sick of people telling me who I am and who I should be with. You tell me that I don't have to be with Zayn but what you really mean is I should be with you. Life doesn't work that."

It's not one or the other, I am not defined by my love interests. I am not defined by who I sleep with.

This archaic notion of mates is toxic and implies that I have to sleep with him- like it's my duty."

"After numerous strides in the fight for women's rights and feminine agency, I would be doing a great disservice to those that came before me, by allowing myself to be treated this way or act in a way that validates his masculine dominance over me."

Justin stares blankly at me, shakes his head and grins.

"Calm down darling."

But I am not done with my tangent and continue bringing up the shared past between us.

"You got close to me, slept with me, used me as an object to project your fantasies of what a girl should be-and when I could not live up to these unrealistic standards, you dumped and left me for dead."

"Babe, you're exaggerating- I didn't leave you for dead"

"YOU LITERALLY GOT ME IN THE CAR.

DROVE TO THE MIDDLE OF THE FOREST.

AND KICKED ME OUT.

THERE WERE WOLVES JUSTIN!!!"

"Well that worked out well, you have a thing for werewolves, don't you?"

"You are so frustrating, Justin. At least you hadn't lied to me about something as large as being someone's mate, but you are just as bad as each other.

I've decided, until you two get your shit together, that I will date neither of you. Furthermore, I am going to focus on my academic career. I want to go to Harvard, Duke, or Brown."

"Not to study maths I hope."

I grit my teeth and leave.

Why are men like this?