You've Got Me

I opened my eyes slowly. Harry was in the corner of my eye practicing fighting against no one. I watched for a moment as he punched and kicked the air.

"You never stop training do you?" I asked amused, His gaze shot to me.

"You're awake!" He smiled.

"No I'm not. You're just imagining things" I giggled, to which he smiled.

"Okay, how did it go?" I asked.

"You just barly made it but you won." He said, stroking a piece of hair away from my face.

"Oh. How about everyone else?" I asked, Harry turned very serious. Almost sad.

"After you fought, you were unconcious as I carried you out of the arena. Two boys fought and then there was a girl. She got wounded and....didn't make it." He said looking down.

"What do you mean?" I knew what he ment, but there's nothing wrong with hope.

"It means the creature tore her throat out." He said sternly, I gulped.

"And it got me thinking," He continuced, "Jacob."

"Harry." I said sofening and putting a hand on his wrist.

"I knew it was wrong. I knew how fucked up it was. But I did it anyway. You know why? Because I had never thought it was wrong before. I had never questioned the system until you. I thought that if I ripped the boy's heart out, all the thoughts would just go away. But they didn't. Then I felt guilty and then you yelled at me, and rightfully so, I got scared because everything was upside down. I knew you were right and I thought that if I threatened to kill you then you'd shut up and everything would go back to the way it was. I hoped you'd hate me and I hate myself for it." He said, looking down. 

"Harry, we all make mistakes. It's okay, I don't hate you." I spoke softly, squeeking his hand.

"You should. I've made so many mistakes. So fucking many." He said looking up at me, his eyes full of pain with a few tears formed. He softly brushed a piece of hair behind my ear, "I don't deserve you." 

I couldn't say anything. For the first time, he actually shut me up. So I did the only thing I could think of. I leaned in slowly and softly pressed my lips to his. He didn't move for a moment, but then he kissed back. After a few seconds I pulled away slightly.

"But you've got me." I whispered. He smiled and kissed me again.