The Fight

I woke up the next morning determined to do well. My muscles ached from landing on my back so many times but I powered through breakfast. Upon walking into the courtyard, a rush of cool air hit us. I spotted Lord Harry standing by beige a mat on the ground, writing something on a chalk bored that was nailed into the stone wall. Sunny and I walked closer and saw that they were names.

James vs Margret

Sunny vs Melanie 

Piper vs Adam

I stopped at my name. I looked around the crowd hoping for a face to match the familiar name. I spotted Adam. He was pretty scrawny. Whatever we were doing, I judged I'd be okay. Lord Harry continued to write names while people showed up. They were all murmuring about who they were paired with and eyeing their opponents carefully. Luckily everyone arrived before Lord Harry stopped writing names. Once he finished, he turned around and looked at James and Margret.

"Come here, James and Margret." He said. Everyone turned to face them. They walked very slowly to the mat where Lord Harry stood. Lord Harry stood back to give them space.

"Fight." He commanded. The color drained from their faces.

"W-what?" James stuttered.

"Fight now." Lord Harry said, furrowing his eyebrows.

"B-but-" Margret started,

"Fight now or I will rip your heads off." He growled. I flinched at his threat but James and Margret turned to face each other. James towered over Margret but she looked strong. It was a reasonably fair fight. James obviously wanted to be a gentleman and he allowed her to swing first. She did but he easily dodged. While she was exposed, James hit her in the gut, but not very hard. Lord Harry noticed this and was not pleased.

"MEAN YOUR PUNCHES!" He yelled. In fear, Margret hit James in the jaw. James's mouth started bleeding and he socked her in the nose. This is when the fight grew terrible to watch. A girl beside me looked away from the brawl.

"Watch." Lord Harry seethed. She shot her gaze back to the fight. That's when I understood that this was not only to test your abilities, but also your stomach for violence. The fight seemed to last hours before James finally had Margret pinned to the ground, beating her. They were both bloody but especially Margret. James looked panicked as he looked up to Lord Harry.

"When can I stop?" He asked, pleading him to let him stop.

"When she no longer has the ability to fight." He said, looking at Margret who was struggling to get free. James gave him a desperate look before hitting her in the head hard enough to knock her out. Harry walked out to the mat. He slung Margret over his shoulder and looked at James.

"You won. Therefore your injuries shall be healed." He said calmly before extending his fangs and biting into his wrist.

"Drink it." He commanded. James had learned not to hesitate. He quickly pressed his mouth to the wound and drank, scrunching up his face. After a few moments James pulled away. The wound on the Lord's arm had healed. James's injuries were gone too. The cuts he had on his face had healed and he no longer winced with every step he took. Lord Harry dropped Margret to the ground as if she were nothing more than an empty sack. I rushed up to her and took her pulse. Thankfully I felt her heart beating. I cradled her head to keep it off the cobblestone ground. I shot the Lord a glare. 

"Was that really necessary?" I barked. Lord Harry shot me a stone cold glare. I shifted a little bit and adjusted my attitude.

"Will you at least heal her?" I asked in a low voice. 

"She lost. She gets to pay the consequences." He spoke.

"Consequences?! She lost the fight because you paired her with someone twice her size. If anyone, she needs to be healed the most!"