Chapter 12

"I want that daughter of yours to Belong to me" 

I gasp and that makes everyone's head turn to me. Rania stares in shock at his words towards me.

No, I heard him wrong. He couldn't possibly say that.

"What?" I whisper.

Mom cries, facing Edward. "No! Please No."

"Look who we have here." Hamza lets go of Rania who then clings to Mom.

I take a deep breath in and walk over to Hamza. He smirks at me with his deadly eyes. He had a knowing look at the damage he had done. I could still picture clearly how he killed Ahmad and Rashid.

"Bismillah hir Rahman nir Raheem (In the name of God)" I whisper to myself.

"You have no idea how long I waited to meet you?"

He whistles. "Have I scared you easily?" I grit my teeth and turn my eyes to Edward, who looks between the both of us. Edward didn't have the same version of him in the office. He seemed different. More distant. Cold. I could see the glares and his tight jaw made it obvious that he was changed.

The longer he stared at me the more I could feel myself cower but I couldn't back down not when I had Hamza in front of me. "What do you want now?"I ask Hamza.

"I thought I could have a little bit more fun."

"Didn't you already do enough, what the hell do you want now?"

He chuckles. "Oh, this is why I admire you" He turns around Edward.

"You see Ed, she is the fun one if you know what I mean but she can get fiesty."

Ed?

He is the one that called him when Hamza was about to shoot me.

He knows. He probably knows what Hamza has done then why are they here? What more do they want?

Hamza laughs.

Pathetic.

"Which one was it again?" His hoarse voice was so manly and rough. It does something to my body. Hamza moves away so Edward could clearly see me. He looks at me from head to toe, I keep myself rooted to my spot to not show any signs of fear because I should not fear Edward. He was my ex-boss. I worked for him.

He stares for a couple of seconds, trying to search for something through me. "Are you sure it was her?"

"Does it not add up? It has to be her."

What?

What has to be me?

Edward walks closer, his body towering over mine making me take a step back and he glares at me so strongly that I swallow hard. "I didn't think you had it in you, Miss Sanam." My eyes instantly go to his hand as he takes out a pistol from his tuxedo.

Mom and Dad gasp.

"Do you know what this is Miss Sanam?"

I don't answer.

"This can kill a man with a single bullet. I'm sure you know that as you have used it before."

Used?

"What?" I look at the pistol. "Why do you think that I used it before?"

"A single bullet straight into his head killed him in a second with your fingerprint on it and you tell me you never used it. Now that's not a fair game you are playing?"